Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon puts $1m into club coffers

It's hard not to be inspired by this generous act. I'll speak to the club tomorrow to see if there is something else I can do.

I'm really starting to appreciate more each year just how important it is to do that bit more for the club when you can.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's hard not to be inspired by this generous act. I'll speak to the club tomorrow to see if there is something else I can do.

I'm really starting to appreciate more each year just how important it is to do that bit more for the club when you can.
    Do you speak to the memership team who answer the phones or to someone else?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I'm guessing you probably would speak to the membership team maybe the option for other enquires might be the go.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody else. I didn't get around to it today but I'll get a call tomorrow and I'm sure there is something else I can tack onto the memberships.

The VFL membership option appeals to me but I think there might be some other options as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted the club today and went for the VFL option. I've never been a huge believer in the continual theme that our Williamstown alignment hurt the development of our players but now the break has been made I think it's a good idea for those who can to chip in a bit extra to help fund this team.

For example if 25% of our members contributed just $20 or $50 (the payment can be phased over the year) then we could help the club enormously.
    The start up cost will now doubt be a challenge and every bit helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to donate an extra $20 on top of the VFL contribution part of my membership and rally the family around the "Buy a Seat to Make a Stand." We already have one for my dear departed nan, Joyce, but I want a family plaque next to her as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Want to echo the sentiments already expressed, thanks Peter, a true Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps those in the cheer squad, who are so keen to run the club down, could look to this as an example of what actual commitment and loyalty looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Perhaps those in the cheer squad, who are so keen to run the club down, could look to this as an example of what actual commitment and loyalty looks like.

And singe the smell of burning martyr? Never!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wonder as a forum what some of us might be able to do to help the club along? A joint effort could be substantial assistance to the club. It will never be to Peters efforts but I'm sure it all helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wonder as a forum what some of us might be able to do to help the club along? A joint effort could be substantial assistance to the club. It will never be to Peters efforts but I'm sure it all helps.
    We did contribute a few years ago yo Bulldogs back yard. We could do something similar through donations.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We did contribute a few years ago yo Bulldogs back yard. We could do so egging similar through donations.
    Just having a look now and there is heaps of options.

Player Lockers, Bulldog Backyards and of course the VFL effort. I'm sure I could find more.

I quite like the VFL sponsorship because we've all used it as an excuse for some poor on field results. Now that it's here we all have a chance to make sure it's a success.

Post Thanks / Like

Just having a look now and there is heaps of options.

Player Lockers, Bulldog Backyards and of course the VFL effort. I'm sure I could find more.

I quite like the VFL sponsorship because we've all used it as an excuse for some poor on field results. Now that it's here we all have a chance to make sure it's a success.
    Happy to pitch in if we get something going. The VFL sponsorship is a good idea.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If there was enough support to justify a quasi-coterie Q&A and nibbles/drinks a few times a year (pre season, mid season break and draft time) just for woofers, is it worth a try? Nothing too fancy, but must be a club member and qualified WOOF member. Lunches go at around $150 plus from memory, if we could get tickets sub $100, ie $90-95. That's a fair chunk of cash I know, but the aim is raising money for the club. It's saving about a take away coffee a week.

A coach and a player or two for a couple of hours giving insights into the preseason, mid season review and preview and into draft time). If we could muster 30 woofers, that's about $8,000. Not a million, but it involves members, extra cash and I'm sure some might go even further.

Minimum fuss, $8,000 direct on top of what we all give, 6 hours investment per annum by the club... Dreaming??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Happy to pitch in if we get something going. The VFL sponsorship is a good idea.
    Yeah, sounds good too. After Peter's effort I doubled my options. VFL success gets us closer to a premiership, so it needs cash.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023