Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon puts $1m into club coffers

I like the idea of a VFL sponsorship too.

I like BT's thinking there. Lots of ideas like that please.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember I put in $100 for a rookie fund once never heard a word afterwards, feed back would have been nice on what we did with it etc.
    I would do it again but just a little more knowledge just something would have been nice
    Last edited by ledge; 09-12-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

SonOfScray what was your nan Joyce's surname

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to tip in for a WOOF VFL sponsorship.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If there was enough support to justify a quasi-coterie Q&A and nibbles/drinks a few times a year (pre season, mid season break and draft time) just for woofers, is it worth a try? Nothing too fancy, but must be a club member and qualified WOOF member. Lunches go at around $150 plus from memory, if we could get tickets sub $100, ie $90-95. That's a fair chunk of cash I know, but the aim is raising money for the club. It's saving about a take away coffee a week.

A coach and a player or two for a couple of hours giving insights into the preseason, mid season review and preview and into draft time). If we could muster 30 woofers, that's about $8,000. Not a million, but it involves members, extra cash and I'm sure some might go even further.

Minimum fuss, $8,000 direct on top of what we all give, 6 hours investment per annum by the club... Dreaming??
    I like the idea of doing a lunch or optons of 2 or 3 lunches during the year, to raise some cash for the club, and hear from the coach/some coaches and a player or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I like the idea of doing a lunch or optons of 2 or 3 lunches during the year, to raise some cash for the club, and hear from the coach/some coaches and a player or two.
    I'm glad there is some positivity already! Im taking the word 'lunch' literally, if I'm wrong I'm genuinely sorry... I'm not having a go, just work shopping the idea. In a perfect world 'lunch/es' would be good, but it puts the price up. Then it becomes a thing of how many woofers might not be able to go to $140 for instance. If that's not an issue then that's good, if we found that the price point for maximum inclusiveness was around $95 then I'm happy with whatever, peanuts, sandwiches, coffee and basic drinks whatever. At the end of the day it's about 1) cash for the club and 2) being in the presence of our heros and getting the opportunity for Q&A and hopefully some inside gossip. All in the air at this point anyway, but I thought it takes about 10 hours a year for the club (assuming 3 dates), so for the potential return it's not bad. I can't think of any other ways to come up with $1,000 an hour investment for the club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    SonOfScray what was your nan Joyce's surname
    Egan. She was involved in the Taskforce for a long time and used to volunteer at the Bulldog Shop in the Mall etc. Had lots of old friends, her best mate Betty still sits with us at the footy. I think I've visited the seat we purchased more than her actual resting place, it is a more appropriate memorial.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Egan. She was involved in the Taskforce for a long time and used to volunteer at the Bulldog Shop in the Mall etc. Had lots of old friends, her best mate Betty still sits with us at the footy. I think I've visited the seat we purchased more than her actual resting place, it is a more appropriate memorial.
    SOS I am pretty sure I knew your nan, was her daughter Maureen who married Michael ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    SOS I am pretty sure I knew your nan, was her daughter Maureen who married Michael ?
    That's correct I'm not surprised, it is a small world after all and we are a small Club within it. I think PG really understands the value of the organisation being a Club more than just a team vying for a flag. We are all in this and all get something from being a part of it and contributing.

Post Thanks / Like

Micky Egan was fearless and gave great service to the club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Micky Egan was fearless and gave great service to the club

I played cricket at the same park team as Michael. He was a few tears older than me though so I didn't know him that well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I played cricket at the same park team as Michael. He was a few tears older than me though so I didn't know him that well.
    Hope there wasn't too many tears playing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hope there wasn't too many tears playing

The club doesn't exist anymore. I assume there were tears after the last game.

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys want to put a WOOF thing together, I'd gladly chip in whatever I could afford.

Gather the pack boys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I remember I put in $100 for a rookie fund once never heard a word afterwards, feed back would have been nice on what we did with it etc.
    I would do it again but just a little more knowledge just something would have been nice
    I collected the funds for this.. Raised over $2k.

I handed the money over and got nothing in return except for a receipt.. Not even a thank-you letter.