Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs to reinvigorate Cheer Squad

A bulldog supporter at work and I were discussing ways to to build the cheersquad and we thought of an idea like a golf day with a player and 3 adults cheersquad members, it's interactive and the members pay say $100 and a BBQ at the end if it.
    Exclusive to cheersquad members.
    For the child cheer squad members a child gets a player for the year and that player seends a card from him on a birthday and one or two emails a year, just saying hi and a bit about themselves.
    Club could do special things like Send a player not playing on the day down to the cheersquad for a quarter just to say hello to everyone.
    Lets face it when we were kids if a player came up to us and said hello they were gods to us, it costs nothing but builds a member for life, it's all about childhood memories.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A bulldog supporter at work and I were discussing ways to to build the cheersquad and we thought of an idea like a golf day with a player and 3 adults cheersquad members, it's interactive and the members pay say $100 and a BBQ at the end if it.
    Exclusive to cheersquad members.
    For the child cheer squad members a child gets a player for the year and that player seends a card from him on a birthday and one or two emails a year, just saying hi and a bit about themselves.
    Club could do special things like Send a player not playing on the day down to the cheersquad for a quarter just to say hello to everyone.
    Lets face it when we were kids if a player came up to us and said hello they were gods to us, it costs nothing but builds a member for life, it's all about childhood memories.
    Very good post Ledge. I agree that the club really needs to start thinking outside the box. To get new members and keep old ones. To get players involved especially with the young brigade is something the club should be massively concentrating on. Get to the schools, and get involved in game day. Every kid has their heroes, and when THAT hero comes to you with a "hello" or an email etc, it not only makes their day, but it is a lifelong memory.

The club needs to come up with initiatives that makes other clubs go "why didn't we think of that".
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=

[B]For the child cheer squad members a child gets a player for the year and that player seends a card from him on a birthday and one or two emails a year, just saying hi and a bit about themselves.

This is a Great idea, I'm sure it would get more kids wanting to join

[/B]Club could do special things like Send a player not playing on the day down to the cheersquad for a quarter just to say hello to everyone.
    This is done already, several of the injured players or players that are playing in VFL come down to cheer squad prior to game

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=OLD SCRAGGer;359133]
    Quote Originally Posted by

[B

This is a Great idea, I'm sure it would get more kids wanting to join

[/B]Club could do special things like Send a player not playing on the day down to the cheersquad for a quarter just to say hello to everyone.
    This is done already, several of the injured players or players that are playing in VFL come down to cheer squad prior to game
    I have seen players signing autographs before a game at the front of the cheersquad but not being in the cheersquad didn't know they actually went and sat with them for a while
    Bring back the biff