Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transfer Fee's

Post Thanks / Like

Transfer Fee's

I stumbled across this article about Austin Wonaeamirri wanting to play for Richmonds stand alone VFL team, but he won't be due to a transfer fee.

Is the transfer fee applicable for all leagues or just the NT?

"Wonaeamirri is currently out of contract, but a transfer fee is payable for any player who has been registered with the Thunder in the past 24 months, should they move to a tier one league outside the Northern Territory".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-0...mirri-no-tiger
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transfer Fee's

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I stumbled across this article about Austin Wonaeamirri wanting to play for Richmonds stand alone VFL team, but he won't be due to a transfer fee.

Is the transfer fee applicable for all leagues or just the NT?

"Wonaeamirri is currently out of contract, but a transfer fee is payable for any player who has been registered with the Thunder in the past 24 months, should they move to a tier one league outside the Northern Territory".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-0...mirri-no-tiger
    I'd say it something you'd find more in Metro/Country leagues.

I don't claim to know the ins and outs of Austin's contract but t seems a bit out of school that a club can continue to demand a transfer fee for a player it no longer has under contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Transfer Fee's

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'd say it something you'd find more in Metro/Country leagues.

I don't claim to know the ins and outs of Austin's contract but t seems a bit out of school that a club can continue to demand a transfer fee for a player it no longer has under contract.
    Something we are looking at bringing into our league now.
    After losing so many decent junior players to Canberra and NSW clubs, the club the junior player leaves for will have to fork out said amount of dollars to the club the player left.
    Amount will be pittance to the clubs but hopefully when, as in the past , five or six players turn up and their mates decide to join them the Clubs will have second thoughts.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.