Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the Bumper Sticker?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wonder if the club has run a focus group asking them what people want in their membership packages.

If they have, and the outcome was more stickers over one big sticker you have your answer (I'm not sure we're this sophisticated, yet).

Personally, I don't mind either way. I don't put stickers on my car. I have a scarf from about 1983/84 which has the old Bulldogs and VFL emblems on it and I wouldn't wear anything else to the footy, so I don't need a scarf. Perhaps others are the same.
    The thing with Hawthorn and others doing it, is they stitch the years of membership prominently on it. It's like a badge of honour and the unwritten rule is 'if you don't renew, your years tally is lost forever'. That would retain a certain percentage of people and reward long serving members too. It's a little thing, but I quite like it for the reasons above.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I too am disappointed with the 2014 car stickers. We need to be advertising the club and that is a great way of doing it. I would rather a larger sticker, made with colourfast ink than the scarf I get each year & don't wear (I have an old one I prefer).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    If a job is worth doing it is worth doing right.

If they send out stickers then they should be decent. If they cannot do that then do not send them.

I do like the idea of a full suite of quality merchandise that is offered to members at a cost on membership anniversary. If you want the merch( maybe a scarf, maybe a hat, maybe a shirt) you tick the box and the cost of your membership reflects your choices.
    Yes I like this idea Maddog.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the supersized fixture calendar make up for the tiny sticker? Didn't expect that in the mail today.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as I get my fixture magnet and my membership card, I'm happy.

I think the 'years as member' on a scarf is also a top idea. They'd have to do some market research but if it helps reduce member churn by x% (I'd imagine it would only by a tiny number) which is worth $y to the bottom line and the cost to do it is less than that, its a no brainer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.