Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where's the Bumper Sticker?

From my experience, cheap marketing can appear to some people that the product marketed is cheap too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From my experience, cheap marketing can appear to some people that the product marketed is cheap too.
    It can which is why you have to be smart with the way you target your market, and exhaust every possible way to help grow your organization.

Post Thanks / Like

The tiny sticker is most definitely bullshit.

Add it to the stripping back of the rest of the perks over the years (I.e scarf) and we better see some DAMN exciting football this season.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Would hope people would purchase a membership to help the clubs viability.
    Really side issues like bumper stickers, and scarves( I have about a dozen) are just petty moaning .
    By all means give the kids an attractive bunch of goodies, but grown adults moaning over their " membership package"! Spare me

Post Thanks / Like

Just one more point, without sounding like I'm moaning too much (sorry Remi) , I've seen a few stickers on cars in Vic and up here in QLD from teams such as Geelong, Richmond and Hawks which were all 3, 4, 5 years old going by the membership year, all in perfect shape and colour, then you have ours that holds up as well as an English cricketer under pressure, constantly get jabbed at by family members and few mates about how cheap and nasty it looks just like your cheap nasty club etc etc, having worked in the advertising industry for over a decade working closely with printing firms etc, it really shouldn't be something that hard to get right.

For me personally I'll continue being a lifetime member (since mid 70's) purchasing my full membership to utilize it with my one game up here in Brissy each year regardless of what extras we get with the membership package, my soon to be MW Jnr expected around March will also be signed up ad a born a Bulldog from day 1 (he/she has no choice)....but as a club that is always behind the 8-ball in regards to staying relevant in the competition, I believe it's the finer details, the attention to detail we really have to nail.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the scarf if being mentioned, I'll pay extra $, minus the ill fitting cap, for scarf any day. Surely we can offer the base membership, and a $10 pack for s scarf and sticker. I think most accept our financial position to pay a little extra to get a little extra.

I get annoyed with my wife's exhuberance over getting her New Years membership scarf from Hawthorn, with years members printed on it. While I contemplate sending my stuff back to the club to give to kids.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Would hope people would purchase a membership to help the clubs viability.
    Really side issues like bumper stickers, and scarves( I have about a dozen) are just petty moaning .
    By all means give the kids an attractive bunch of goodies, but grown adults moaning over their " membership package"! Spare me
    Maybe some of us like getting stuff that says we are members, you know a pride thing.

No ones moaning about prices and we would all happily pay a bit extra to get the things we want.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the scarf if being mentioned, I'll pay extra $, minus the ill fitting cap, for scarf any day. Surely we can offer the base membership, and a $10 pack for s scarf and sticker. I think most accept our financial position to pay a little extra to get a little extra.

I get annoyed with my wife's exhuberance over getting her New Years membership scarf from Hawthorn, with years members printed on it. While I contemplate sending my stuff back to the club to give to kids.
    Perhaps that's another idea the club could look at, fitted caps similar to the baseball caps in varied sizes, tick the box with noggin size, pay your extra $20-$30 for the excellent quality version and wallah, like the scarves it's not for all, but the choices are there, I bought one of the KooGa doggies caps last year in the KooGa store on the Gold Coast and the quality is excellent so I don't need this or last year's members cap, it's a better quality cap so it should fit most heads, if that had member since 1977 or 1985 or 2000 on the side, even better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Yup the sticker is uber lame.

The wife's car with the hawks stickers looks a million bucks compared to our cost cutting crap.

I'd happily pay extra for a better sticker
    Yeah agree ReLoad. I see lots of Hawks stickers on cars. I want to see more Bulldog stickers on cars.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see many hawthorn stickers about a decade back.
    I know I'm sounding like a grumpy old fart on this.
    The sticker fades after a period of time, and peels off.
    The hat's okay, but for mine the best add on is the kids back pack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The sticker fades after a period of time, and peels off.
    ExactaMundo!

Although I wished this year's one just pealed off, had to soak it up and scrape the damn thing off with s blade with specks of old crumbled sticker flying all over the car.

I think what alot of people are missing here is the point of every finer detail to tick off, no one is suggesting that this smaller issue of a bumper is taking away or standing alongside greater issues the club has in regards to membership numbers or paying off the debt, it's also not taking away the excitement of the new VFL side or the Edgewater development, or the continued development of some damn exciting kids coming through or the thought of Crameri helping out and standing alongside Jones and Grant and Stringer.

Every small decision made right will help make the bigger issues right, I'm sure the Edgewater project is made up of hundreds of small and minor issues, tick off all of those finer details will help the broader issue in the long run.
    Last edited by mighty_west; 23-12-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: ah who knows...

Post Thanks / Like

If a job is worth doing it is worth doing right.

If they send out stickers then they should be decent. If they cannot do that then do not send them.

I do like the idea of a full suite of quality merchandise that is offered to members at a cost on membership anniversary. If you want the merch( maybe a scarf, maybe a hat, maybe a shirt) you tick the box and the cost of your membership reflects your choices.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon that whatever type of member you are with the club you should get a Bulldogs member scarf on top of a decent sticker with the membership package.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I would much rather 1 big members sticker than all the other little ones they put in. Being in WA we don't have a big following here so I want I sticker I can drive around proud with,this years is embarrassing and won't be going on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the club has run a focus group asking them what people want in their membership packages.

If they have, and the outcome was more stickers over one big sticker you have your answer (I'm not sure we're this sophisticated, yet).

Personally, I don't mind either way. I don't put stickers on my car. I have a scarf from about 1983/84 which has the old Bulldogs and VFL emblems on it and I wouldn't wear anything else to the footy, so I don't need a scarf. Perhaps others are the same.