Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Family Day

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 Family Day

I've come home, although I enjoy hot weather that was unbareable.
    I thought with the heat they might have shortened the day. Let's be honest everyone wants to hear from the coach the prez and see the players get their numbers.
    Unfortunately a lady was struck by a pole in one of the marquees, there was blood and she was in shock.
    Couldn't understand why they didn't have an ice-cream van, and would of thought a killing could have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a water Remi.

Weather aside, it doesn't sound like the organisers of today or the east-west day have earned their salary.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I volunteered today. Really fun day except the marquees threatened to turn into hardwood spears and flying plastic mats. Didn't really think it was that bad heatwise although the players would have suffered. Just watching the clinic they put on.

Hunter is going to be ridiculous
    Darley is so much bigger in person and he's very quick. Looks the goods and I don't quite get why we only had to pay the packet of chips to get him. Hope GWS list is not so good they remain comfortable with the trade. Think he'll get some games for us.
    Dahlhaus just keeps on giving. He looks as good or better that his great run last year. Gun. Deserves the accolades its not just the hair

They were the eye catchers for me.

Club was really good with the volunteers. Fist time I've done that but would do it again. They involved us, they appreciated us and they thanked us. Doesn't always happen in professional sport and it ticked another box for me about how strong our culture has become.

Post Thanks / Like

The city west water was Beeing utilised.
    Very wise concept, but with a couple of kids in tow would have been nice to get a refreshment of some sort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    I volunteered today. Really fun day except the marquees threatened to turn into hardwood spears and flying plastic mats. Didn't really think it was that bad heateise although the players would have suffered. Just watching the clinic they put on.

Hunter is going to be ridiculous
    Darley is so much bigger in person and he's very quick. Looks the goods and I don't quite get why we only had to pay the packet of chips to get him. Hope GWS list is not so goo they remain comfortable with the trade. Think he'll get some games for us.
    Dahlhaus just keeps on giving. He looks as good or better that his great run last year. Gun. Deserves the accolades its not just the hair

They were the eye catchers for me.

Club was really good with the volunteers. Fist time I've done that but would do it again. They involved us, they appreciated us and they thanked us. Doesn't always happen in professional sport and it ticked another box for me about how strong our culture has become.
    Difficult day for everyone, and the volunteers are much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Salt of the earth stuff! Our club needs every little bit of anything and everything from our small base, stoked to hear you did your bit and that the club did it back !
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 09-02-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Salt of the earth staff! Our club needs every little bit of anything and everything from our small base, stoked to hear you did your bit and that the club did it back !
    Had some experience as SuperDog. Club treated volunteers very well. Reasonable turnout of members considering tough weather conditions. All the players looked very buffed and nice to see Markovic & Lower as co-captains of VLF club interviewed.

Example of how family orientated the club are, Murphy was not in attendance due to elbow injury & not being able to sign autographs. HR person I sat beside in info tent took details of young supporter who was disappointed he did not see Murphy, to arrange for some kind of contact or card or suchlike to be sent from Murph to little tacker. Lovely gesture.

Go Dogs !!
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.