Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players contracts

Rumours from Bulldogs online that Daniel about to committ further. Also club working on extensions for Dale, Webb
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes Twodogs, azabob, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we can extend JJ's contract before the year is out. If he keeps up his current form and he remains unsigned into next season the big offers from other clubs are bound to come.

6. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/04-16...mYhLMKTkiVy.97

Tim Watson stirring the pot on Tom Boyd's contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

He knows we're on top of the ladder right?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post

I wish these idiots would stop talking about what Tom Boyd is paid. It is none of their *!*!*!*!ing business.

Post Thanks / Like

The players from the previous era are obsessed with how much the players make now, and are all really uncomfortable with contracts like Boyd. As a result, they bring it up in any discussion involving Tom, or contracts at the bulldogs.

It was a topic of conversation for at least half an hour on SEN this morning. I'm sure the issue of 'players having to take less money due to Boyd's contract' is in actual fact completely overblown.

Once the next collective bargaining agreement goes through - Boyd's contract will be a hell of a lot more relative. His $1m a year is going to be more like $750K (relatively speaking) - and although a lot of money, is just reality for extracting quality key position players from other clubs.

Its astonishing that having lived through the example of Alistair Lynch getting $1m for 10 years, everyone thinking it was absolutely outrageous - and then it being proven to be such a steal that Brisbane renegotiated the contract to give him more - that when similar examples such as Buddy and Boyd come up, the 'experts' don't seem to have learnt anything from history.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every club has a player on a million a year nowadays so I don't know why they bring us up .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

Its astonishing that having lived through the example of Alistair Lynch getting $1m for 10 years, everyone thinking it was absolutely outrageous - and then it being proven to be such a steal that Brisbane renegotiated the contract to give him more - that when similar examples such as Buddy and Boyd come up, the 'experts' don't seem to have learnt anything from history.
    Urg, too hard. Can't we just point at the figure and yell TOO HIGH? Who has time to explain nuances like this. Not 24 sport news stations that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is this even a topic of conversation when every single talented youngster has re-committed to the club whilst Tom Boyd has been at the kennel?

So much ignorance from the footy community as to how list management works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Once the next collective bargaining agreement goes through - Boyd's contract will be a hell of a lot more relative. His $1m a year is going to be more like $750K (relatively speaking) - and although a lot of money, is just reality for extracting quality key position players from other clubs.
    Wasting your breath Ozza. There is a narrative at play here and your well-reasoned explanations don't suit the narrative on Boyd. It is quite appalling that there are ex. players (legends of the game such as Lethal) in the media actually going on public record hoping Boyd does not have a successful career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Why is this even a topic of conversation when every single talented youngster has re-committed to the club whilst Tom Boyd has been at the kennel?

So much ignorance from the footy community as to how list management works.
    I replied to SEN status update. Basically all the young Dogs are fine with it, just Tim Watson that isn't. I think we can deal with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of big contracts to negotiate in 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

They will be extended a year early I would say to keep the wolves away.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    They will be extended a year early I would say to keep the wolves away.
    I tend to think along the same lines ledge, we seen Macrae and Stringer agree to contract extensions last year before the end of their contracts at that time.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.