Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs in turmoil

According to Caroline Wilson the bulldogs are in crisis. The 'fallout has only just begun". Bickering between CEO and eade

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs in turmoil

I'm not 100% sure that she specifically mentioned the Bulldogs however, there has been speculation that there has been trouble at the Kennel now for a couple of weeks now.

I hope that the club gets on the front foot with this.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, I was watching , she said the bulldogs. Makes sense, lost the last 7 games, 4 assistants walk, Mcmahon takes swipe, Eade has unsettled clubs in the past. I'm not surprised. Bring on Peter Sumich, dont waste another year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Trust me, I was watching , she said the bulldogs. Makes sense, lost the last 7 games, 4 assistants walk, Mcmahon takes swipe, Eade has unsettled clubs in the past. I'm not surprised. Bring on Peter Sumich, dont waste another year.
    Well we know for sure that Monty was given too good of an opportunity to pass up on and to some extent Drain was as well. Wellman hadn't been setting the world on fire and it was probably a good time to go. Bond was a huge loss but even he acknowledged that Eade did what he could to help him get a senior coaching job.

You seem to be a bit keen on getting Eade out of the way but perhaps more things will become evident over the next week or two.

Why do you rate Sumich so highly?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is the best assistant coach. I like what he has to say about the game, what he has done as a coach in the past. Don't be fooled by the "good onya mum, tiptop's the one'' ads of the early 90's. He is no fool! Freo ,Melb, Essendon will regret not taking him.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he is the best assistant coach. I like what he has to say about the game, what he has done as a coach in the past. Don't be fooled by the "good onya mum, tiptop's the one'' ads of the early 90's. He is no fool! Freo ,Melb, Essendon will regret not taking him.
    So you think Eade should be moved on even with a couple of more years left on the contract?

Post Thanks / Like

If he is the reason for the turmoil, then yes. Who knows whats going on

Post Thanks / Like

If he is the reason for the turmoil, then yes. Who knows whats going on
    Is anything really as black and white as that? For what it's worth a think Sumich would be the wrong person for our club regardless of his reputation. If we were to replace Eade, and I don't think we will, we should look at someone with a fair bit of senior experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we need an experienced coach? Look at Worsfold, Roo's and Clarkson. Nothing wrong with inexperienced coach, just need the right one

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we need an experienced coach? Look at Worsfold, Roo's and Clarkson. Nothing wrong with inexperienced coach, just need the right one
    But all those teams were in a lot stronger position off the field than what we are. (I know we could argue about Sydney but the AFL will never let them falter)
    To break a coaches contract given the dollars Eade would be on would hurt the club in a big way and it might not be a hit that we could take. I'd rather look to work out and fix any differences that might be troubling things at the club than replace the coach.

Post Thanks / Like

We just can't go around replacing coaches at the drop of a hat last time I checked we weren't the Richmond footy club.

Whatever problems the club has internally they will sort it out assistants come and go big deal new blood, fresh faces and an air of change will do the club good.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right, we cant afford to pay Eade out. We should just finish last for the next 2 yrs, that should get membership and sponsorship up

Post Thanks / Like

You are right, we cant afford to pay Eade out. We should just finish last for the next 2 yrs, that should get membership and sponsorship up
    I thought we were just having a decent exchange of views but I guess not, either way the sarcasm isn't overly appreciated and not one that I will bite back on. For what it's worth I don't share your prophecy of doom.

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows whats going on. A coach like Eade normally has to succed in his first 2 yrs. They burn to many players. When Eade left Sydney, everyone said "he didn't develop young kids, and he lost the players". Sound familiar? I hope not....

Post Thanks / Like

weren't geelong in 'turmoil' last year?