Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Crimes Against Humanity (aka following the dogs)

Sorry to be officious but I want to see how long, far back in time, how interesting and interpretations we can get. The thread is about a 'crime' against the club and / or it's supporters from the footy gods, umpires, officials, injuries, interpretations of rules, league officials, decisions, injuries, acts of malicious wounding to our players, tribunal decisions, and so forth.

The rules are simple:

Nominate only one such circumstance per post.

Please give a handful of posts from others (possibly from different eras) before re-posting.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crimes Against Humanity (aka following the dogs)

Chris Grant having the Brownlow stolen off him by Ian Collins.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The footy gods moving Quinlan, who was my favourite all time player, to Fitzroy and thus robbing us of his best years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Deliberate out of bounce against Aker in the 2009 Prelim. A joke of a rule (the way it was interrupted) and cost us the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Same game...first quarter...dogs right on top...Shaggy penalised for incorrect disposal....after kicking the ball 25 metres...saints kick their first. When asked after the game, umpire McInerney is at a loss. "I just didn't see him kick it". That game made me a Mcinerney hater for life.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael McKenna being knocked unconscious in 1983 at the SCG then being pinged for holding the ball as he lay prostate on the ground.

I mean c'mon. The guy was UNCONSCIOUS! HTF was he supposed to get rid off the ball?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Curley having his career (virtually) ended for an 'ump bump' which would be lucky to get a small fine now. This one really angers me.

Post Thanks / Like

Dempsey leaving to play In a flag.(didn't happen)

Post Thanks / Like

Rod Grinters attempted murder of Plough at the western oval in 1988, one of the worst things I have ever seen in football.

(I was going to say Todd Curley too, so much so that the next week against Port in Adelaide I made up a big "Free Todd Curley" banner that me and my mates held up during the game)

Post Thanks / Like

Noel Teasdale assaulting Bob Gray as young me looked on, ending his career. It was a fist or forearm to the head, a coat hanger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Rod Grinters attempted murder of Plough at the western oval in 1988, one of the worst things I have ever seen in football.

(I was going to say Todd Curley too, so much so that the next week against Port in Adelaide I made up a big "Free Todd Curley" banner that me and my mates held up during the game)
    Couldn't agree more. Grinter should have been charged by the police for that, it had nothing to do with football, it was assault pure and simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba kicking a grand final position sealing goal, which was given a behind, in the 1997 prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL paying for Cal Ward to leave us.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny Southern getting rubbed out for wrestling when all he did was try to get 3 blokes belting the hell out of Scott West, off him, farcical.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is the Bulldog book of grudges, do we have enough space on the server for how long this thread is going to be?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus