Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crimes Against Humanity (aka following the dogs)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    Changing our jumper back to the old premiership style. We won the 1954 premiership because we were the better side, not because our jumper helped.

The jumper is mainly blue coloured that doesn't stand out, fading somewhat into the background, It has a red and white band that looks like we have been chopped in half and are bleeding.

In short, it looks like a dogs breakfast.

Worst of all it was us, the fans who voted it back in.

We need a complete redesign of our jumper, colours and designs play a significant role in our lives and can influence how well we live, work and play.
    I think it's a good jumper in my opinion. What do you think of it compared to the one when we had the robodog.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The bulldogs not offering Leon Cameron a longer contract and he leaves to go to Richmond

Post Thanks / Like

Brad Johnson's calf injury in his last season

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Darcy's knee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Luke Darcy's knee
    Chris Grant's knee also ratsmac.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Changing our name to The Western Bulldogs. A vague name that does not associate us with any particular region. Confuses the dickins out of people in Western Australia.

If they were going to change our name I would have preferred Western Suburbs or even Western Melbourne.

I think that it was changed from Footscray as the name seemed to be too lower class and not able to attract sponsors. Maybe we should have been playing the lower-class card and attracted more government grants.
    There's a Richmond in NSW, QLD & SA as well, should they change their name?

There's a reason why GWS aren't just Western Sydney or Blacktown, the name has to cover the region you represent without being too much of a mouthful.

The name change was a message to the people of Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Williamstown, Altona, Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Deer Park, St Albans, Keilor, Sunshine, Yarraville, Braybrook and more, that the Bulldogs are their team, and not just a team for the town of Footscray. The new name and community engagement that followed is what got me on board.

We are already losing the west to Collingwood and Essendon, if anything we need a further commitment to the greater west, and not a step backwards to the 1880's when Footscray was the west.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

7. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Chris Grant's knee also ratsmac.
    Yep, of course how could I forget.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yep, of course how could I forget.
    Was a terrible season for us but we played very well that day against Geelong in the opening round. After he came back from that he wasn't the same player.

Post Thanks / Like

Changing our jumper back to the old premiership style. We won the 1954 premiership because we were the better side, not because our jumper helped.

The jumper is mainly blue coloured that doesn't stand out, fading somewhat into the background, It has a red and white band that looks like we have been chopped in half and are bleeding.

In short, it looks like a dogs breakfast.

Worst of all it was us, the fans who voted it back in.

We need a complete redesign of our jumper, colours and designs play a significant role in our lives and can influence how well we live, work and play.
    I love our jumper.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I love our jumper.
    So do I , but I would also love to see a radically different one for away games, or special occasions. The EPL does it so well, with some great designs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I love our jumper.
    Me too. The fact it was voted in by our members means a lot.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see black shorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, some of our fans moan way to often.
    The fans voted overwhelmingly to return to the traditional guernsey(personally really didn't give a continental). The name change was an attempt to gather new support in a fast growing region. ( once again couldn't give a rats clacker)The positive is we've maintained our identity by location and colors, unlike Fitzroy and South Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    There's a Richmond in NSW, QLD & SA as well, should they change their name?

There's a reason why GWS aren't just Western Sydney or Blacktown, the name has to cover the region you represent without being too much of a mouthful.

The name change was a message to the people of Werribee, Hoppers Crossing, Williamstown, Altona, Melton, Bacchus Marsh, Deer Park, St Albans, Keilor, Sunshine, Yarraville, Braybrook and more, that the Bulldogs are their team, and not just a team for the town of Footscray. The new name and community engagement that followed is what got me on board.

We are already losing the west to Collingwood and Essendon, if anything we need a further commitment to the greater west, and not a step backwards to the 1880's when Footscray was the west.
    Well said

Post Thanks / Like

Bonds not paying their sponsorship monies.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023