Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best quarter ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Round 1 2006 against the Tigers. I had a good feeling at the start of the season. Maybe it's because Richmond are one of my least ok teams or maybe it's because my best mate is a Richmond supporter but that 9 goal second quarter sure was great to watch live sitting next to him
    We kicked 9 in the third and I think 8 in the last to really belt them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    1990, I was there. 17yo Chris Grant ripped Tilt Carter a new one. Tony McGuinness ran amok. we won by 10 goals in an upset

Cheers Doc. I didn't think it was that early.

That 17yo showed a few players up that year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We kicked 9 in the third and I think 8 in the last to really belt them.
    Yeah that was the good thing about the match, we really went on with it and beat them up by well over 100 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah that was the good thing about the match, we really went on with it and beat them up by well over 100 points.

115 points. Griff made a comment about Richmond being weak or soft or something after te game that attracted a bit of comment in the media.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    115 points. Griff made a comment about Richmond being weak or soft or something after te game that attracted a bit of comment in the media.
    From memory he said they gave up after half time and were arguing amongst themselves. I don't think he did another media interview for the next 7 years after the reaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    From memory he said they gave up after half time and were arguing amongst themselves. I don't think he did another media interview for the next 7 years after the reaction.
    They were the comments. I love how the media wants honesty and when it gets it, some try to twist it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They were the comments. I love how the media wants honesty and when it gets it, some try to twist it.
    Everybody wants honesty until people start being honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Everybody wants honesty until people start being honest.

Try and keep stuff like that to yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Some terrific memories on this thread.

All of the last 3 qtrs of the 2006 EF against Collingwood were as enjoyable an experience as I've ever had at the footy. They jumped us in the first qtr and we then kicked something like 13 of the next 14 goals until the filth kicked a couple of cheapies in junk time. it was Tarrant's last game in his first stint at Collingwood and we were sitting right on the wing - late in the last qtr Tarrant chased the ball right up near where we were sitting, and my mate yelled out to him "don't worry Taz, at least you've got Mad Monday to look forward to", to which he had a quiet chuckle to himself

That North game in 1988 was an amazing turnaround - it was a dirty, wet and muddy day at the MCG (remember when it had mud?) and North had outplayed us all game. Then out of nowhere we slammed on the last 9 goals of the game in about 20 minutes to storm home. Beaser was normally rubbish in the wet but even he kicked a bag that day.

Another favourite qtr of mine was the last qtr against Adelaide at the MCG in 1999. We were 40 points down and looking absolutely shot, and then we kicked 6.8 to 0.2 in the last qtr to fly home from nowhere. Darce really controlled the rucks that day, and whilst it would never erase the bitterness of the 97/98 PF's it was nice to get one over Malcolm Blight and the Crows - think it was Mal's last game as Crows coach from memory?

We had a couple of amazing comebacks down at Kardinia Park in the mid/late 90's as well. In 1995 we came back from 40 odd points down thanks to the brilliance of Libba Snr and pipped them at the post. Then in 1999 we kicked the last 4 goals of the game in about 5 minutes to come from nowhere and snatch it again - Cooky and Huddo were the catalysts that day