Thread: Adam Cooney

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney

Needs to get better with his disposal now that he is playing more outside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    Needs to get better with his disposal now that he is playing more outside
    I think his disposal has been very good, even for a predominately outside player.

Post Thanks / Like

We are lucky to have Coons in the team, his output seems best 22 and he is always a chance of producing something special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    We are lucky to have Coons in the team, his output seems best 22 and he is always a chance of producing something special.

He will have a few poor games during the season but when he is playing well it's at a high level. Certainly in our best 22.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Had a trip out to Gippsland to deal with yesterday, so didn't see the game. Mark Maclure on the radio basically lambasted him throughout the pre-match for being a one way player and then sniggered at Cooney being on the end of that one.

Having said that, he also said something along the lines of Stevens needing to provide run until he was advised Williams was in the side in his place.........
    I'll be interested if Carlton still get the wet lettuce treatment from Sellers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He will have a few poor games during the season but when he is playing well it's at a high level. Certainly in our best 22.
    With Griffen still to find his best form it is good to have the likes of Cooney and Boyd to step up in the midfield. Cooney's pace still makes him a valuable commodity.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam is our gun midfielder who is being played on a wing or forward or back......play him in the guts and leave him there and order will be restored.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    Adam is our gun midfielder who is being played on a wing or forward or back......play him in the guts and leave him there and order will be restored.
    Exactly this!

Griffen and Cooney in the guts with Libba and Boyd. Everybody just stand the hell back and watch what magic is about to transpire
    [B]I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Tremendous vision from Crameri too wasn't it? I groaned when he kicked it, thought he had bombed to absolutely nothing
    Me too. There was just as much chance of it not working than working. It was a tough bounce too for Coons but he handled it beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like

The most important factor is that he's moving and feeling well. His disposal has improved from a few years ago too, when he actually didn't have any feeling in his knee. These are all positives that will, hopefully, lead to him playing some great footy this season.

I'd like to see him play in the centre with Griffen and Libba more, particularly once Ryan reaches full fitness. That trio (with Minson) has the potential to carve any opposition midfield combo up.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Plus I'm sure we all loved what he did to that orc Jake King. I know I did.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Cooney up forward not many will beat him one out and we have Griffen, Libber , Macrae, Crameri, SMith, Hrovat, Stevens, Dalhaus and plenty of others to go in the midfield.
    After seeing both Griffen and Cooney in the forward line at once it's obvious to combat the interchange rule we are resting our mids down there.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I bump would this thread.
    I mentioned this in the game day thread but what are peoples thoughts on Adam Cooney taking on Gia super sub role.

I'm not totally convinced on the state of his knee.

So the reason is this:
    Save wear and tear on his knee by not playing a full game.
    Has more upside than Gia. Can play half back, centre and forward so better replacement for a early injury.
    He is a lot quicker than Gia even with a bung knee.
    As with Gia he will need to be managed to keep his fitness up but I see a lot of positives and not too many negatives.

Gia starts his coaching playing role at Footscray.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Would be nice if we were overflowing with midfield class. We aren't so he plays as many minutes as possible.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a suspicion Cooney's knee might be OK, and that he's on the banana lounge at present.

Of course I could be wrong, though in any event he's still doing enough to hold a midfield spot and as AR points out he's the type of player we don't have a lot of.