Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs list rankings: Every player rated ahead of the 2014 AFL season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226824793148

Not sure if this is up anywhere, apologies if it is. Run of the mill summary but some interesting comments regarding who is at the crossroads towards the bottom of the article.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs list rankings: Every player rated ahead of the 2014 AFL season

Read this last night and made me laugh.

Take this poorly written article with a grain of salt.

Clay Smith
    After an impressive debut season, Smith looked set to become an important cog in the Bulldogs engine room. The tough midfielder suffered second-year blues in 2013 but will be expected to bounce back this year and add another layer to the club’s developing contested football brigade.

Second year blues? Not a season ending knee injury? Ok sure....

Amateur writing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs list rankings: Every player rated ahead of the 2014 AFL season

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Read this last night and made me laugh.

Take this poorly written article with a grain of salt.

Clay Smith
    After an impressive debut season, Smith looked set to become an important cog in the Bulldogs engine room. The tough midfielder suffered second-year blues in 2013 but will be expected to bounce back this year and add another layer to the club’s developing contested football brigade.

Second year blues? Not a season ending knee injury? Ok sure....

Amateur writing.
    Thanks mate. I won't bother even looking at it now. They could pluck someone from Twitter who could do a better job than some of these "reporters"

Post Thanks / Like

It's kind of right it's his second year and getting a knee injury would make you blue, so I don't think Clay would say it was a good year.
    Not a fault of his own but still a blue year for him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Koby Stevens in the crossroads? I think he should start watching our games before reporting on us.

Post Thanks / Like

Bontempelli should have retired last year??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know this is the one that I found difficult to swallow. Still, unless Koby can contribute somewhere outside the midfield he has a heap of competition in front of him for a spot which says to me we are developing good depth there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah I know this is the one that I found difficult to swallow. Still, unless Koby can contribute somewhere outside the midfield he has a heap of competition in front of him for a spot which says to me we are developing good depth there.
    I like Koby on a HFF rotating through the middle, strong mark, tough and knows how to kick a goal. Although I wouldnt be surprised if he developed into a full time mid who can rest forward. Still so inexperienced and had suffered a heap of injuries before coming to the dogs. He'd only played like 11 games!

Also the article talked about liams jones' strengths.... apparently his big tank lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    I like Koby on a HFF rotating through the middle, strong mark, tough and knows how to kick a goal. Although I wouldnt be surprised if he developed into a full time mid who can rest forward. Still so inexperienced and had suffered a heap of injuries before coming to the dogs. He'd only played like 11 games!

Also the article talked about liams jones' strengths.... apparently his big tank lol

He keeps it in the back yard at home to collect rainwater. It's huge!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones

22, 56. Position: Forward

If Jones can’t improve his output with the addition of Crameri to the Bulldogs’ team there will be some serious questions asked. Those questions were being asked last season when the key forward was dropped in favour of Tom Campbell. Jones has all the tools – contested marking and a big tank – but can go missing during games and his goalkicking leaves much to be desired.
    Liam's endurance is the area that demands most improvement. Fortunately this pre season has seen Liam take some steps forward in this regard.

Who is Ben Higgins ? Is there no quality control at the Herald Sun / News Limited ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Does the Herald Sun / News Limited have no quality control
    what do you expect from a Murdoch paper
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fancy having to pay for the privilege of reading such tripe. It felt like I was reading this article through a mirror how back to front his insight on our players is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    He keeps it in the back yard at home to collect rainwater. It's huge!
    I just snorted my iced coffee. Hilarious

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love these generic list reviews. They tell you absolutely nothing and are full of glaring errors, yet the papers love them because they look good in print and there is a countdown effect to keep readers interested during that period.

Post Thanks / Like

There are that many "Accredited" journos now it's a battle to sort through the dross written and spoken on the game.