Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lonergan says Bulldogs should play in Geelong

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/02/25...-geelong-home/

What are the constraints on this eventuating? Are we locked into the ES deal and can we not even consider this until 2018? I'm not sure... There was some discussion out of Geelong a few years back around a deal that would see the Bulldogs take 100% of the gate and the Cats take the stalls / bars around the ground.

KP is a good viewing ground, accessible to the Western suburbs of Melbourne and the deal will be far better than what we have at ES.

Who's for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lonergan says Bulldogs should play in Geelong

Another rubbish article from Dan the negative man.

As for the OP question - no thanks, Geelong is too far for anyone to travel to. The solution is the AFL must buy ES quickly and let us make money there.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense in the current environment, but it would have to be a pretty good deal.
    Maybe one or two games, but it won't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Hardly breaking news or even an original idea, not surprising for someone as limited as Lonergan. Norf has made Etihad a fortress? They've made the top 4 once in the past 13 years!! He has about as much ability to look beyond the current moment as a teenage BigFooty poster.

The fact that this has been proposed and turned down by the AFL previously didn't rate a mention.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Would prefer playing a few games v Port or Freo at Geelong than Darwin or Canberra if we still need to sell a few games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Another rubbish article from Dan the negative man.

As for the OP question - no thanks, Geelong is too far for anyone to travel to. The solution is the AFL must buy ES quickly and let us make money there.
    From Werribee, a Bulldog hub, I can get inside KP quicker than I can get inside ES.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    From Werribee, a Bulldog hub, I can get inside KP quicker than I can get inside ES.
    From Yarraville (another Bulldog hub) I can get to Etihad in 15 minutes or KP in an hour. That's not even taking into account our supporters who live on the other side of the city.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hardly breaking news or even an original idea, not surprising for someone as limited as Lonergan. Norf has made Etihad a fortress? They've made the top 4 once in the past 13 years!! He has about as much ability to look beyond the current moment as a teenage BigFooty poster.

The fact that this has been proposed and turned down by the AFL previously didn't rate a mention.
    North do play well there. Either that or they play crap everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    From Yarraville (another Bulldog hub) I can get to Etihad in 15 minutes or KP in an hour. That's not even taking into account our supporters who live on the other side of the city.
    I guess it comes down to value for money for the club as it always does (e.g. Darwin / Canberra) rather than the logistical convenience for supporters. I must say I didn't mind the Darwin games, the fish are certainly bigger in the top end as opposed to Corio Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

We would if we could. Might be further away for some supporters but the difference in gate takings for small attendances mean 3-4 games a year is a no brainer if we're allowed to do it.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    We would if we could. Might be further away for some supporters but the difference in gate takings for small attendances mean 3-4 games a year is a no brainer if we're allowed to do it.
    I would rather play those games at Whitten Oval, if we could..................if we can raise funds for a grandstand in the outer wing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would rather play those games at Whitten Oval, if we could..................if we can raise funds for a grandstand in the outer wing.
    This ideal world is getting pretty far removed from reality unfortunately
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind selling like mighty_west mentioned 1 or 2 home games there but would not want play more often there. A 3rd stadium needs to be built at the Showgrounds I reckon that is smaller in size say around 30-35K.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't see that happening as they need govt money.
    With recent current events it won't happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn't see that happening as they need govt money.
    With recent current events it won't happen.
    Do you think Remi they should have revamped Waverley and improved public transport there and kept it as a 3rd stadium along with Etihad and the MCG. Would of been great for Dogs fans out that way.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Do you think Remi they should have revamped Waverley and improved public transport there and kept it as a 3rd stadium along with Etihad and the MCG. Would of been great for Dogs fans out that way.
    The best thing about Waverley was that it closed, despicable, down-trodden, cultureless arena that it was - and it took KT from us on a wind-swept night. Salt should be rubbed into the subsoil all over that place so that nothing ever grows there again.