Likes Likes:  13

View Poll Results: Please Consider:

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No thanks, I/we love our pack, but thanks anyway

7 21.88%
  • I would like to donate my pack to a underprivedged child

17 53.13%
  • I would like to 'opt out' and see that money spent elsewhere.

7 21.88%
  • Thanks, but I'm not sure.

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Feedback Please: Would you donate your membership pack for next year?

Hi All,

I've been in touch with the club on a few ideas about membership, and the contact is fantastic, not too mention they have a hard task.

I would like to know whether you would donate your membership pack next year, if you don't really utilise it or would like to donate it. I tried to donate mine this year to a under privileged child in the tickets you can purchase for them along with your membership. But logistically it was too hard. Also many on here don't seem to do a lot with their packs.

Consequently, if we or the club set up a facility and put some staffing hours into it, would you consider donating your pack to an under privileged child who is given tickets as a part of our community program.

There is also an idea that you could either do this or 'opt out' and see that money going back into the club. I will relay any feedback next week or so, so if you read this please provide some feedback, it would be much appreciated and well used by decision makers at the club.

These are just ideas, no decisions have been made, the WBFC did not solicit this thread and no comments made by me necessarily reflect any views or anybody employed by the WBFC.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 22-12-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback Please: Would you donate your membership pack for next year?

I would absolutely love to see my membership pack either go to an underprivileged child or to opt out of receiving them. I don't wear caps, ever, and I have no less than fifteen bulldogs caps at my house. I love my membership, but I'm not particularly fond of all the trinkets that accompany it. Any solutions that would delete the extras would be great.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    I would absolutely love to see my membership pack either go to an underprivileged child or to opt out of receiving them. I don't wear caps, ever, and I have no less than fifteen bulldogs caps at my house. I love my membership, but I'm not particularly fond of all the trinkets that accompany it. Any solutions that would delete the extras would be great.
    I agree with you, but pressed the wrong vote (can you change mine?)

I have so many scarves and caps its not funny and would love to donate them right now if I could.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Like to see it go back and redistributed to an underprivileged family.
    Got about 10 back packs, hats galore and scarves.
    Appreciate the pack, but it's a good idea to donate to others.

Post Thanks / Like

BT is this like the Bulldogs Backyard endeavour?

I use my membership but would happily buy another if it was going to a potential Bulldogs fan.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    BT is this like the Bulldogs Backyard endeavour?

I use my membership but would happily buy another if it was going to a potential Bulldogs fan.
    Yeah, that's where it started. Long story... After we found Peter put a million, I felt compelled to do a little more. So I did another VFL contribution and did two lots of the backyard. I asked what the kids get and it seemed a little light on. So I asked them to re-route my members pack which was not sent for some reason, ie it would give the kids stickers to put on their school diaries and tell their friends how good we are. But it was logistically very, very difficult so I gave it away to a family friends child. So in dealing with someone at the club I asked if we could look at this because (if WOOF is anything to go on) there seems to be lifetime members who would love to give a young child a smile by giving another lanyard of sticker to a child going to games. So (among other things) I said I'd do a straw poll on here and go back with the results.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be able to donate my pack to a under privallaged kid.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also be down to donate my pack, but with the opt out option maybe we could redistribute the funds that would otherwise be spent on the pack? Maybe $5 or so from each opt out membership could go to the needy.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

definitely would donate the pack...I do use the scarf but would happily buy another one

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice initiative BT, any idea if any other club does something similar? If not it would be a tick in the box for our 'community club' stance

Post Thanks / Like

Donation of scarves has some merit and they could surely even be prior year scarves and distributed through local schools.

I think the Bulldog Backyard is a great idea, but we should also be donating free tickets to fill up the stadium for home games against interstate clubs.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Very nice initiative BT, any idea if any other club does something similar? If not it would be a tick in the box for our 'community club' stance
    Thanks Lem. I don't think other clubs do it, or we didn't think so anyway. I'm personally not sure if any other club offer members the bulldogs backyard packs, but I thought it would be cool for the kids I got tickets for could get a sticker or lanyard. That kind of excitement or thought takes me back to the Western Oval in the early 90's and learning to draw the old bulldog logo on all my school books. So if longterm members don't really want the packs, these kids would love a doggies lanyard a million times more than some of us.

The only catch would be needing a staff member to manage the process and set up logistics in the IT system and membership systems, so it would take a bit more than just an idea. And on that, the idea needs testing to see if members would support it, hence the thread.

As I've said to the club, we mightn't have the premierships of other clubs, but we do have in spades is character, intigrity and spirit from a decent and passionate supporter base and can look ourselves in the mirror where others can't. So this should be a strength of ours, so if members are happy to donate or opt out or similar then it's worth looking into.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted the donate selection or opting out is fine too. I do like a good sticker though. I have a heap of hats...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I enjoy receiving my member's pack every year. Last year my cat received a member's cap with her Pet Membership. However, I gave it to an Aussie who was in the same nursing home as my mum. He's been living here for 30 years and as a Queenslander had no AFL team. He's now an honorary member of the Western Bulldogs and wore his cap every day at the nursing home. I brought him back a jar of Vegemite from my trip to Melbourne last week. Can't wait to see his face when I give it to him!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

15. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Sorry, but I enjoy receiving my member's pack every year. Last year my cat received a member's cap with her Pet Membership. However, I gave it to an Aussie who was in the same nursing home as my mum. He's been living here for 30 years and as a Queenslander had no AFL team. He's now an honorary member of the Western Bulldogs and wore his cap every day at the nursing home. I brought him back a jar of Vegemite from my trip to Melbourne last week. Can't wait to see his face when I give it to him!
    No need to apologise at all, I'm just testing the water. The feedback is appreciated.