Likes Likes:  13

View Poll Results: Please Consider:

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No thanks, I/we love our pack, but thanks anyway

7 21.88%
  • I would like to donate my pack to a underprivedged child

17 53.13%
  • I would like to 'opt out' and see that money spent elsewhere.

7 21.88%
  • Thanks, but I'm not sure.

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feedback Please: Would you donate your membership pack for next year?

I'd certainly donate a cap, scarf and whatever nicknacks to a potential fan. In the past I've made sure a daughter of a mate of mine gets a few Bulldog gifts each year.

I'd also be happy to buy some extra's.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is a good idea. My kids covet the stuff to an extent, though. I will be taking up the Bulldogs Backyard option again this year.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds awesome one and all. I will bump the thread from time to time to keep interest. I will coordinate the donations if happy, which is simple if you're coming to the NAB game at Whitten Oval. If circumstances don't suit, please send me a PM and I will try to work something out in terms of collecting or receiving items by the said NAB game and we can present our donation together.

Thanks for the support for the idea. It's interesting some soulless clubs think that by saying they are 'the people's club' they somehow are. Where as something like this from the clubs people to help others is what the term 'people's club' actually is.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to donate hats, scarves, stickers etc
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep the scarf and key ring, but happy to donate the cap/stickers.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I got a keyring.
    Don't in my pack and haven't since about 2010, which is crap as it's the only part of the pack I use.
    Last edited by chef; 23-12-2014 at 07:32 AM.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumpy.

I will contact the club next week and see if we can have a drop off point.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant idea bulldogtragic. It I great to read all the beautiful people on this thread willing to donate to the kids. I live on the Sunshine Coast and all my family donate our membership tickets back to the club for under privileged kids to go to the footy and watch our Bulldogs. I would gladly donate my pack if there was a way of doing it as I'm sure my family would to. While im going I would like to thank all the supporters that write updates about training as we don't get to see the boys in action very often it is great to read up on how their travelling.

12. Likes bulldogtragic, N/A liked this post
    mitch0418 Guest

Absolutely. I suggested a similar idea to the club years ago but didn't get a response. I have so many scarves it is ridiculous. I suggested to the club that each they should leave the membership pack out unless the member ticks a box or something indicating they want the pack. This way the club can use the money or donate the contents for better use like promoting the club within the western region.

I also suggested the club should try to the following for 1 game to see if we can create a real home ground advantage:

1. Give members on level 1 a blue t-shirt, level 2 a white t-shirt and level 3 a red t-shirt (obviously with the Bulldogs logo)
    2. Section off an area behind the goals on all levels so people wearing the t-shirt can sit.
    3. Imagine seeing the top level full of red shirts, 2nd level full of white shirts and the ground level full of blue shirts.

Anyway just an idea.

14. Likes bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitch0418 View Post
    Absolutely. I suggested a similar idea to the club years ago but didn't get a response. I have so many scarves it is ridiculous. I suggested to the club that each they should leave the membership pack out unless the member ticks a box or something indicating they want the pack. This way the club can use the money or donate the contents for better use like promoting the club within the western region.

I also suggested the club should try to the following for 1 game to see if we can create a real home ground advantage:

1. Give members on level 1 a blue t-shirt, level 2 a white t-shirt and level 3 a red t-shirt (obviously with the Bulldogs logo)
    2. Section off an area behind the goals on all levels so people wearing the t-shirt can sit.
    3. Imagine seeing the top level full of red shirts, 2nd level full of white shirts and the ground level full of blue shirts.

Anyway just an idea.
    Who wears a t-shirt at a night game at Etihad? That place is bloody freezing 90% of the time.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

mitch0418 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Who wears a t-shirt at a night game at Etihad? That place is bloody freezing 90% of the time.
    First of all how many night games do the Dogs get? They make long sleeve t-shirts these days too plus nothing stopping you wearing it over something else. It is all about creating an atmosphere that shows the opposition you are in our home ground. This is obviously hard to do at Etihad given it is the home ground for many clubs.

https://lockerdome.com/theonion/7283951337344788

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitch0418 View Post
    First of all how many night games do the Dogs get? They make long sleeve t-shirts these days too plus nothing stopping you wearing it over something else. It is all about creating an atmosphere that shows the opposition you are in our home ground. This is obviously hard to do at Etihad given it is the home ground for many clubs.

https://lockerdome.com/theonion/7283951337344788
    5 of 10 of our home games in Melbourne are twilight or night and the 5 during the day are against crap teams (St. Kilda) or interstate clubs. I get what you're saying but the hard part would be convincing enough people to the ground during our day games against lower teams or interstate teams and then getting enough people to wear them to create an atmosphere. We get approximately 20k during these games and there are many, many, many gaps in the stands during them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

mitch0418 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    5 of 10 of our home games in Melbourne are twilight or night and the 5 during the day are against crap teams (St. Kilda) or interstate clubs. I get what you're saying but the hard part would be convincing enough people to the ground during our day games against lower teams or interstate teams and then getting enough people to wear them to create an atmosphere. We get approximately 20k during these games and there are many, many, many gaps in the stands during them.
    Yes I agree which is why I am just suggesting just initially for 1 game but against a team where you are going to get a bigger crowd. I am suggesting the club coordinate it and can even promote it by giving away a t-shirt for free and give free tickets to the game to those either disadvantaged or to promote the club (dial a crowd as such). If the club organised it you simply reserve a section and have bulldogs volunteers hand them out as you go into the section.

Years ago the Doggies played Melbourne and there was a group of tourists sitting behind me who had no idea about the game. So we told them to barrack for the Doggies and gave them our scarves and cap to keep. They were wrapped and began cheering for the Dogs.

The club needs to do something different. No good just copying what other clubs have already done. I understand about the poor attendance but who cares if most of the scattered 12000 attendees sit one end of the ground for 1 game. I've been to sporting events internationally and even with small numbers when you get the same supporters sitting together the volume goes up as does the intimidating feeling the opposition supporters get. I hear what you are saying but the club needs to do something different and be bold. I am not saying this is the answer but singing a song isn't going to work when it can be hard enough to get people to yell "go Doggies"

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From the club to interested Woofers:

" Thank you for the offer of returning some of the collateral. We would love to accept these on your behalf to distribute to the attendees of the Bulldog Backyard.

At our NAB Challenge game, we will have a membership marquee located at the main entrance and will also have a staff member at the front desk. It is likely to be quite busy but I will inform our team to expect some returned items.

Once again, thank you for your kind consideration. "

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done BT.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.