Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dermot says by round 12 Bulldogs will have the most powerful midfield in comp

Big statement............., I am excited with our midfield, I think we are building a great midfield with lots of options in the future.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dermot says by round 12 Bulldogs will have the most powerful midfield in comp

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Big statement............., I am excited with our midfield, I think we are building a great midfield with lots of options in the future.
    Stats illustrate we were the best contested and clearance side, but it appears we're working towards a better balance.

Hope Dermi is right.

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dermot says by round 12 Bulldogs will have the most powerful midfield in comp

From here:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226849610701

Scroll down to Dermott's predictions
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but why by round 12?

Edit: Thanks TD.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Our midfield is still quite reliant on Cooney and Griffen for its pace.. These guys need some help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Our midfield is still quite reliant on Cooney and Griffen for its pace.. These guys need some help.
    Agreed, we need guys like Hrovat and Dahlhaus being able to spend some time in the middle and adding a bit more spark to what Griffen and Cooney already provide us with.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staggered that Brereton was able to express his opinion is just 21 words.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I'm staggered that Brereton was able to express his opinion is just 21 words.
    he is kissing the little guy after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed, we need guys like Hrovat and Dahlhaus being able to spend some time in the middle and adding a bit more spark to what Griffen and Cooney already provide us with.
    Dahlhaus is the one who needs to start spending more and more time in the midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Dahlhaus is the one who needs to start spending more and more time in the midfield.
    I suppose if we can free him up to play in the middle then Hunter has to step up as a spark up forward

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if we can free him up to play in the middle then Hunter has to step up as a spark up forward
    Not just Hunter, we need more from the likes of Dickson & Hrovat and we require Gia to play seem decent footy too.

Also adding Crameri to the mix should free up Grant to play as the 3rd or 4th forward when he returns, which is role in which he should prosper.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose if we can free him up to play in the middle then Hunter has to step up as spark up forward
    With Hrovat and Hunter looking good, plus Honeychurch impressing so far, you would hope we can cover the forward pocket/flank role Dahl has previously provided.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With Hrovat and Hunter looking good, plus Honeychurch impressing so far, you would hope we can cover the forward pocket/flank role Dahl has previously provided.
    We certainly have some options. Moving Dahlhaus into a midfield role is hopefully something we will give an extended try.

Post Thanks / Like

We certainly have some options. Moving Dahlhaus into a midfield role is hopefully something we will give an extended try.
    I hope we also see Wood move into this role. I think we may see him given stints in the midfield where he can use his strength and explosiveness off the mark. Unfortunately when he plays well we look good down back and with Murph aging, Young having an indifferent start to the year and Goodes generally up and down week to week we may not have that luxury.

We have the nucleus of a strong midfield but it is a trifle one-paced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I hope we also see Wood move into this role. I think we may see him given stints in the midfield where he can use his strength and explosiveness off the mark. Unfortunately when he plays well we look good down back and with Murph aging, Young having an indifferent start to the year and Goodes generally up and down week to week we may not have that luxury.

We have the nucleus of a strong midfield but it is a trifle one-paced.
    You have a bit more faith in Wood than I do. His best is good but he is far from consistent. He just doesn't get enough of the ball for me to consider him in a midfield role especially with his kicking skills.

I used to think his leap might find him a role up forward but I now don't have him in our best 22.