Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Another Philosophical Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    You're a sharp one BT, reckon you've let the cat out of the bag for some club.

He played 18 games in the TFL last year and got in the best players 10 times. That's off the charts!!
    I'm trying to do my bit. I'm not sure Jason Mac wants another attacking defender, so it might be a price thing for us. But I think my source said his agility and sprints if tested at the national combine would but in the top few percentile. Now that's off the charts too!! He's this draft's 'Cinderella', I guess it's a case of whether enough recruiting teams can make a good assessment in under 2 weeks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I must be slow on the uptake BT. If it's another club interested in this guy, what's with the secrecy, non-descript thread bit??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I must be slow on the uptake BT. If it's another club interested in this guy, what's with the secrecy, non-descript thread bit??
    I have to protect my sources sometimes, and in this case. Daniel & Michael were very clear to me and made me on a pinky-swear to not reveal the source or anything that might lead to the source...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Article here might be worth a read
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I have to protect my sources sometimes, and in this case. Daniel & Michael were very clear to me and made me on a pinky-swear to not reveal the source or anything that might lead to the source...
    Will those two scalliwags never learn?.....

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Will those two scalliwags never learn?.....
    No... Some of my good oil is good.

Last year I announced a 7 year $6m deal for Tom Boyd on woof and Twitter. An 1/2 hour later journos who follow my stuff got onto the club who announced this offer was being made to Tom and GWS told of same. I kept my 2 years of Zaine watching and Zaine love quiet enough. And this year my tea leaves say this kid is worth paying close attention to, because one club and head recruiter is and hoping to steal him for nothing. Who knows, once clubs review his test results and look again.... Watch this space...

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers BT. Like all woofers, I'm sure, I appreciate the heads up.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you think he is a player who could be drafted?
    For sure, reminds me of Pearce Hanley. Not the type we need, but he looks like a player to me
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

So BT are we meant to spread the word or keep a lid on it? I'm keen to ask a few people about him now
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    So BT are we meant to spread the word or keep a lid on it? I'm keen to ask a few people about him now
    I don't think its a secret a lot of followers would know him but I'd be surprised if many have followed his progress closely this season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

he certainly kicks better than his old man!
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think its a secret a lot of followers would know him but I'd be surprised if many have followed his progress closely this season.
    Recruiters are EVERYWHERE GVG.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice kick, does seem to put a bit of air under it at times but looks like a type we will need coming through in a couple of years.

I am very, very suss on anyone who makes their own 10-minute highlight package though.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Honesty, integrity, loyalty, resilience, optimism, determination, courage - if everyone grew up with these values the world would be a vastly better place. The Bulldogs epitomize these values. You get knocked down - get up again! Don't ever doubt Bulldog people - we are in it for the long haul.
    I lost a lot of respect for my older brother when, as an adult, he changed to Essendon. He's not the same person anymore.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

18. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Honesty, integrity, loyalty, resilience, optimism, determination, courage - if everyone grew up with these values the world would be a vastly better place. The Bulldogs epitomize these values. You get knocked down - get up again! Don't ever doubt Bulldog people - we are in it for the long haul.
    I lost a lot of respect for my older brother when, as an adult, he changed to Essendon. He's not the same person anymore.
    Heathen!