Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Match Review Panel Rd 5

Good news for the Dogs, Stevens and Jones both free to play.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-2...ent-round-five
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Review Panel Rd 5

Giddy up.

Makes you wonder why any umpire reports during a match now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Giddy up.

Makes you wonder why any umpire reports during a match now.
    To keep the peace?

Why do we have goal umpires? - some answers will never be known BT, some answers will never be known...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Touché Aza, touché.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Why assumes the presence of logic in the decision

Post Thanks / Like

Glass got one week !
    Staggering .
    Douglas should have got an award not an impending suspension

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Glass got one week !
    Staggering .
    Douglas should have got an award not an impending suspension
    Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Port Adelaide Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One Offence, drawing 125 demerit points. He has a bad record of 93.75 demerit points carried over within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 218.75 points and a two-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 164.06 points and a one-match sanction.
    Reckless is fair enough, low impact however when Wingard went to hospital afterwards and was visibly affected from the hit is ridiculous, and Wingard is tough. Why does Glass get a lesser penalty because the player he took out is tough? And how the hell was it only body contact? The video clearly shows his arms collecting Wingards head. How that is assessed as purely "body contact" I don't know. Ridiculous.

I was also under the impression that taking your eyes off the ball to acquire a target and leaving the ground to bump should both incur higher punishment, and Glass clearly takes his eyes off the ball before impact and launches himself into Wingard. And he cleans Schulz up unfairly in the same quarter and faces nothing for that.

Meanwhile Thompson got done for his "hit" on Cloke.

Based on speaking with the umpire, the video evidence available and a medical report from the Collingwood Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One Offence, drawing 80 demerit points. He has a bad record of 60 demerit points carried over within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 140 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 105 points and a one-match sanction.
    Now I'm not a big fan of Scott Thompson, but this happens multiple times in each round and is the first time I've seen someone get done for it. I just can't believe that it cops the same impact rating as Glasses, when Cloke was clearly fine approx. 8 seconds after the incident. This isn't really a criticism of the rating here as it couldn't be lower, but rather the Glass one.

The MRP is actually a joke.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the Thompson incident if you've missed it.

I should leave it alone but you're not right