Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easton Wood - Appreciation Thread

Love his ability to peel off his man to go third in or chop off a lead. Takes some cajones.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Completely shut out Watts - has had a great start to the season.
    We don't often praise the MC but that was a very astute move having Wood on Watts. Wood is becoming a very important cog in the wheel of this team's development. Something that would not have been said 12 months ago.

Post Thanks / Like

He is certainly endearing himself to the fans of the Bulldogs with his performances this year and his ability to string together consecutive games (touch Easton). If Talia can find some form and consistency, throw Roughy back in the side and all of a sudden a back six of Roughy, Murphy, Morris, Picken or JJ (role depending), Talia and Wood looks very appealing. Use Higgo as the plus one and the entries into the forward line should be a lot faster and meaningful.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    We don't often praise the MC but that was a very astute move having Wood on Watts. Wood is becoming a very important cog in the wheel of this team's development. Something that would not have been said 12 months ago.
    I'd go so far as to say that Easton is another example of Macca's ability to get players on board. Last year it was Grant and this year Easton is playing out of his skin.

I always wonder if he could have extracted something out of a player like Josh Hill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'd go so far as to say that Easton is another example of Macca's ability to get players on board. Last year it was Grant and this year Easton is playing out of his skin.

I always wonder if he could have extracted something out of a player like Josh Hill.

Sorry can't agree with that. Wood has suffered from injuries and is now starting to mature as a player and getting more consistency that comes with experience. Of course the coach has influenced him but its not just that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can't agree with that. Wood has suffered from injuries and is now starting to mature as a player and getting more consistency that comes with experience. Of course the coach has influenced him but its not just that.
    Agreed. Wood excited the senses in some games under Eade. He's always had the talent but has always been injury prone with little to no opportunity for on-field continuity. He obviousy feels very strong and confident with his body and I think that's showing. It was no surprise to me that GWS were very, very interested in him.

Post Thanks / Like

With Wood not having to play on an opponent 10cm taller than him, I thought he played a very good game last night. It was back to his spoiling and intercepting best.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

With Wood not having to play on an opponent 10cm taller than him, I thought he played a very good game last night. It was back to his spoiling and intercepting best.
    100% agree. Some players are super versatile, some are not. History tells us that Wood is a third man up intercepting defender. Play him in that role!

Post Thanks / Like

Liked Woods game against Richmond. Some very nice things but more importantly I thought he was excellent in instruction others on position they need to be making. This was his best game in a very long time. Even as he didn’t have 30 touches.

Let’s hope this is the start of his way back ��
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

That mark he took running backwards into the land of the unknown was super courageous.

11. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Liked Woods game against Richmond. Some very nice things but more importantly I thought he was excellent in instruction others on position they need to be making. This was his best game in a very long time. Even as he didn’t have 30 touches.

Yep ,he marshalled the troops down back beautifully.

Having Trengove back there not only to take the big Lynch but having his experience around showed too. Wood definitely plays better when he has older heads around him. He has struggled ever since Matty Boyd, Murphy and Morris haven't been down there. Woody looked a lot more confident and played with freedom knowing Trengove had his back.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post

Be nice to have him play back into some form. Amazing what putting a player like Trengove in the team does to release him. Also - thought Lynch spent way too much time in the goal square for a player not getting a kick - moved up the ground late but still very little so it seemed Easton was back to that interceptor role which we know he is a great at.