Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeremy Cameron...what would you give up?

Sadly he's going to want to go to a big club or a club near the top if he wants to come back to Vic.

Hold onto our kids and picks and keep drafting.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

What an exciting thread.

I like the +ve thinking to get Cameron, I'm even willing to entertain giving up one of our best players & our 1st draft pick. But if we pay a lot of money then that puts the squeeze on the rest of the group and we are likely to lose more good players as we will not be able to pay them market price. I'd love to get Cameron, grow membership and have lots of excitement however the club would need to weigh up the considerable risks and our $ constraints. Equalisation - what's happened with that discussion recently?

Worth another post......Can we do what Port have done? Their turnaround has been nothing short of amazing and Hinkley seems to have been a big part of it. They also have not had a massive turnover on their list. They have no Buddy, no Tippet etc. From the few games I saw a few years ago there skills seemed to be low yet now many of the same players seem confident and skilled.

I pray we can do this too, and that the often woeful disposal skills and hesitation our players seem to have is more b/w the ears than reflective of their real abilities.

Port do have quick players who have a lot of endurance, that is perhaps a marked difference (?inbuilt/good recruiting or training methods or mix of both?).
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Sadly he's going to want to go to a big club or a club near the top if he wants to come back to Vic.

Hold onto our kids and picks and keep drafting.
    Apparently was a Collingwood supporter - but dollars do talk.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

First we need to trade for another 1st round pick, then trade the 2 first round picks to GWS along with their choice of any 2 players not named Liberatore, Griffen or Roughead.

Offer Cameron a 5 year $10 million contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    First we need to trade for another 1st round pick, then trade the 2 first round picks to GWS along with their choice of any 2 players not named Liberatore, Griffen or Roughead.

Don't mind the first part of the post, it's almost what we'd need to do (adding one or so more players to the untouchable list considering we're throwing in two first round picks).

Can't agree with the second point. One player taking up 20% of the cap is over the top. If it was doable it would already have been done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

Yeah we cannot afford this sort of money under the cap...no-one can.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget about picks and cash, for our greater good in getting Cameron, my left nut is on offer. One because that's pretty serious, and two, because it will never happen. But fantasy has got us all through this week. If it's another flogging, I think we think about Chad Wingard next week.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

After today's match I really think now his worth considering. Could have been a different story if Cameron was up there taking marks from our deliveries in the 50.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    After today's match I really think now his worth considering. Could have been a different story if Cameron was up there taking marks from our deliveries in the 50.
    Maybe a change for next year Eastie, not even Lockett would have touched it today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'll end up at the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Had a very bad day at the G
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.