Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bones broken countless times, but Western Bulldog Tom Williams never beaten

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bones broken countless times, but Western Bulldog Tom Williams never beaten

These are excellent articles. How I feel for all that Tom has been through. What a fantastic bloke he is. I love his comments about the joy he got from kicking those goals v Melb for his team mates, and the fans.

If he does make it to 100 games, he jokes he should get a statue outside the Whitten Oval. I know I won't be the only one giving him a standing ovation. Good luck, Tom. There's lots of different ways to be a champion, you might just have shown the world another one.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

We all know he is such a talent. Just hope he can get through a few seasons without injury, after all, he deserves it with what he has been through.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

True Bulldogs, and seemingly a nice guy.

It's strange to think that after all this he still has time in the game. Ten years and 194 operations, still going at it.

Great articles, thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible Tom's had more operations than games?
    Thanks for posting two great articles. Sounds like a lovely bloke who desperately deserves a break .
    Clubs cop a lot of criticism for their treatment of players, but this is one instance the club deserves some credit.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great article. I have a lot of respect for Tommy. We're all hoping he gets a good run at it, a happy ending.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

What a champion. That's some inspirational reading. I can't help but feel a bit like, I'm sitting there thinking mate why not just hang up the boots, and he's thinking the same, but he has another go anyway and refuses to give up.

That's the kind of stuff Kipling wrote poems about.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair play to Tom. A lesser man may not have gone this far. For Tom's and our sake, I hope he can string together a couple of years of continuous footy. Would desperately love to see him get to 100 games.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Good on the bloke, don't know if I'd have had the same sort of willingness to get up again... and again... and again. And. ...

Wish him a clear run at it, he deserves that at the very least.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I think a few folk in the burnout thread should read this.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful words, the melbourne game might just turned his life around, really hope he can play out 100+ games for us.