Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Bootsma Sacked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226941559031

HAHAHAHAHA

Honestly Carlton were probably looking for any excuse.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Bootsma Sacked

Quite the fall for Bootsma. The was an instant crowd favourite when he was first drafted.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

What does Elliott think?? That's what we all want to know...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if Marc Murphy would have been sacked?

Post Thanks / Like

Unfair dismissal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooner17 View Post
    Unfair dismissal?
    I'd guess he's out of The FW Commission's jurisdiction assuming he's paid a decent wage $130k plus, that's before thinking anything else about it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You can earn over 130k if you are covered by an award.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfair dismissal?
    I have a feeling from reading between the lines his back story is one in which he may have had some difficulties in keeping images of his Anton Enus off social media.

When the Players Association, the Club and the AFL get consensus there's a fair chance it's water tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I have a feeling from reading between the lines his back story is one in which he may have had some difficulties in keeping images of his Anton Enus off social media.

When the Players Association, the Club and the AFL get consensus there's a fair chance it's water tight.
    I'd imagine it would be....still.

Post Thanks / Like

You can earn over 130k if you are covered by an award.
    Judging by a decision last week, I'm not sure what award he is going to claim coverage under... Successfully anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Judging by a decision last week, I'm not sure what award he is going to claim coverage under... Successfully anyway...
    I think they are under an eba? Sounds like he's fried anyway. But always worth a crack.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are under an eba? Sounds like he's fried anyway. But always worth a crack.
    If the union won't jump in 9 times out of 10 it's indicative of the likelihood of success. That said I a while back I jumped in to save my uncle's job when the TWU turned their back. But since as Bootsma photos when he has a crack, maybe he should just go away and think about why he's doing what he's doing. Don't want to go over the top, ex coppers crap... But... This stuff (if true) is how some types of sex crims start, exactly how they start. I'm not saying he is or will ever be, but left unchecked, un counselled, un helped, uneducated, I'd worry for him and others.

Post Thanks / Like

"Malthouse has recycled more rubbish at Carlton than Visy!" -- Warren, The Age.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If the union won't jump in 9 times out of 10 it's indicative of the likelihood of success. That said I a while back I jumped in to save my uncle's job when the TWU turned their back. But since as Bootsma photos when he has a crack, maybe he should just go away and think about why he's doing what he's doing. Don't want to go over the top, ex coppers crap... But... This stuff (if true) is how some types of sex crims start, exactly how they start. I'm not saying he is or will ever be, but left unchecked, un counselled, un helped, uneducated, I'd worry for him and others.
    Sounds like unfortunately there is a lot going around and (if true) he has no chance.

Every case has to be looked at separately and for what it's worth I just had a win on behalf of someone else with the TWU.

How did your Uncle end up?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like unfortunately there is a lot going around and (if true) he has no chance.

Every case has to be looked at separately and for what it's worth I just had a win on behalf of someone else with the TWU.

How did your Uncle end up?
    Going back a little for the main uncle I saved, and just helped another one last week... But in the old case I called the TWU who said he had no case... One pretty straight forward call from me to the manager... He got immediately reinstated, got a post closer to home and they found a $5,000 underpayment in his wages. Then he cut up his union card he had for 15 or so years.

I wish I could say I could say everyone that comes for help wins, but the commission is a funny place sometimes the good guys win, sometimes they lose, and sometimes people shop my advice (one is arguing constructive dismissal against my advice.... It's not going to end well...) but most genuine people don't want the conflict that comes with it. But generally people don't talk to me for 2 years, but then send me an email or call out of the blue for free advice. But I'm a sucker, either employer or employee, I hate bullies and injustice and I think people know that a little too well...

Do I read it right, you jumped in for the TWU or the TWU dropped it's member too?