Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 AFL - Round 12 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I can't stand him either, at all. It's now interesting as I suggested we pursue Roos as hard as we could before the Melbourne offer, as a senior assistant for Macca mainly for tactics and game day advice. From memory my suggestion was fairly well rubbished over a few threads, but clearly his structures, advice and match day experience would be worth a fair bit for us right now. I'm still trying to process giving Macca resources that other clubs have is an attack on him. But Macca has some turbulence ahead this week, so I won't go back to that stuff.
    It's a nice thought, I'd question whether he would have been interested in a lesser role (perhaps it would have been right up his alley) and whether we simply could have afforded the price tag. I'm sure he had numerous suitors in his time out of coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

How the hell did we let Frost slip through our fingers
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Reality is BT some support would be great. I'd prefer Thompson over Roos. Thoughts on Ratten?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    How the hell did we let Frost slip through our fingers
    Didn't we preach too injury prone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Didn't we preach too injury prone?
    Yep, hip problems if I recall. Didnt stop us drafting Howard though.

Would have been cheap and decent .
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Yep, hip problems if I recall. Didnt stop us drafting Howard though.

Would have been cheap and decent .
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Two very different clutch goals from Dayne Beams either side of three quarter time.

Post Thanks / Like

Reality is BT some support would be great. I'd prefer Thompson over Roos. Thoughts on Ratten?
    Bomber was a part of the Hird love in Cult so we couldn't have got him this year, I'm not anywhere near certain Bomber wanted the top gig again, but clearly he bleeds for them. Roos would've been great, the way he talked it sounded like he was interested in something, but as soon as the AFL coughed up silly figures for him we didn't have a shot. Now he's at Melbourne, I agree Bomber would be a good get, clearly they like and respect each other so i'd hope we'd knock on his manager's door. Ratten could be interesting, I didn't think he was as bad as was made out to justify Malthouse coming in. Ratten must be doing a few things right where he is, wouldn't be a bad plan b.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I'm exactly the same, the bloke absolutely loves the 'messiah' tag. He has a poor squad playing for him though
    I just looked up and saw Melbourne's score and realised there's 10 mins left in the damn game!
    As much as they're all tally-ho-ing, all they've done is stem the bleeding. You might only lose by 5 goals, but you've been doubled!

Pipe down, Dees!

It's interesting to see how "feel good" MFC are compared to WBFC...

Despite the fact that they've been drafting early for six years versus our two... (Not to mention getting 2 compo picks for Scully vs our miserly one for Ward..)

Post Thanks / Like

Two very different clutch goals from Dayne Beams either side of three quarter time.
    Gee that Dayne beams has great foot skills. Just the type of footballer we need.

Post Thanks / Like

2014 round 12 - would we prefer Ward or Macrae?

Post Thanks / Like

2014 round 12 - would we prefer Ward or Macrae?
    I would take Macrae , he is going to be a gun
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I just looked up and saw Melbourne's score and realised there's 10 mins left in the damn game!
    As much as they're all tally-ho-ing, all they've done is stem the bleeding. You might only lose by 5 goals, but you've been doubled!

Pipe down, Dees!

Despite the fact that they've been drafting early for six years versus our two... (Not to mention getting 2 compo picks for Scully vs our miserly one for Ward..)
    3 goals for a match is pretty weak
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Pipe down, Dees!

Clearly it was about getting The Dees competitive again, but they've had a fair look at early draft picks and the generous Scully compo. The scoring will be the next component. Not great for the neutral

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Clearly it was about getting The Dees competitive again, but they've had a fair look at early draft picks and the generous Scully compo. The scoring will be the next component. Not great for the neutral
    I've enjoyed watching, strangely enough. Perhaps this is what I'm use to?