Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 AFL - Round 12 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I just looked up and saw Melbourne's score and realised there's 10 mins left in the damn game!
    As much as they're all tally-ho-ing, all they've done is stem the bleeding. You might only lose by 5 goals, but you've been doubled!

Pipe down, Dees!

It's interesting to see how "feel good" MFC are compared to WBFC...

Despite the fact that they've been drafting early for six years versus our two... (Not to mention getting 2 compo picks for Scully vs our miserly one for Ward..)
    You watch them and you can see structure and game plan though. They are patient with their ball movement, the forwards hit up consistently into space, they defend as team with loose men and the pressure is very good. They still turn the footy over and make stupid mistakes but you can see what they're building.

Post Thanks / Like

Beams is top 5 in the comp now. Add him to Pendlebury and Swan in the top ten.... With Griff's regression, we don't have a player in the top 25... Nathan Buckley's job's a lot easier than Brendan McCartney's!!

PS. Collingwood drafted Dake Thomas and Pendlebury in the top 5 after finishing 2nd last in 2005.... Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....

There's a moral to that, somewhere.... We'll come good. We just need to keep nailing our higher picks and pinching a few with our lower picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    3 goals for a match is pretty weak
    Not only that, didn't they kick the first goal of the match with in 30 seconds?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

How on earth did Ballantyne get reported? Let alone sent to the tribunal!
    Seems reputations count for a fair bit re. Tribunal

Post Thanks / Like

Beams is top 5 in the comp now. Add him to Pendlebury and Swan in the top ten.... With Griff's regression, we don't have a player in the top 25... Nathan Buckley's job's a lot easier than Brendan McCartney's!!

PS. Collingwood drafted Dake Thomas and Pendlebury in the top 5 after finishing 2nd last in 2005.... Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....

There's a moral to that, somewhere.... We'll come good. We just need to keep nailing our higher picks and pinching a few with our lower picks.
    Just out of interest does Dane meet the " good bloke" test, with all those pictures?
    Hmmm interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just out of interest does Dane meet the " good bloke" test, with all those pictures?
    Hmmm interesting
    As my Nan is not a recruiting officer with WBFC, I doubt it matters much. Besides, I believe Swan was sticker-less on draft day. The bigger test would've been his antics outside the Transport Bar nine or ten years ago, if anything - not the tatts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    2014 round 12 - would we prefer Ward or Macrae?
    Ward for mine. More penetration in his kicking, plays inside and out.

Libba is top ten now. Doesn't get enough recognition out there or on here for what he's doing week in, week out. Best clearance player I've seen. We can build a side around him.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Jack Macrae and Bontempelli have been our highest draft picks since 2003....
    Stringer was 5, Macrae was 6
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae will be more of a knife whilst Ward is a blunt instrument. I reckon Macrae has more upside and I was a big Ward fan.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the footage on 360 of the 'press red for Kev'.

Watching Rchmond people at any age crack it just lights up the place.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just saw the footage on 360 of the 'press red for Kev'.

Watching Rchmond people at any age crack it just lights up the place.
    Yes. For all our shortcomings and disappointments over the years, at least we can wake up every morning and say, "Hey, at least we are not Richmond"
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting hearing The Messiah blame the "umpires" for the snore fest yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting hearing The Messiah blame the "umpires" for the snore fest yesterday.
    i agree with Roos on this one, 5 free kicks in 4 quarters of football is a joke. You can't just let the game keep rolling on when there are free kicks there. Wayne Campbell is changing our game by not awarding frees so players are adapting to it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    i agree with Roos on this one, 5 free kicks in 4 quarters of football is a joke. You can't just let the game keep rolling on when there are free kicks there. Wayne Campbell is changing our game by not awarding frees so players are adapting to it.
    Is 5 free kicks in a game more of a joke than 3 goals?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Is 5 free kicks in a game more of a joke than 3 goals?
    don't forget the first goal was 20 seconds in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.