Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 104 of 160 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2396
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Lends weight to the idea it wasn't a legitimate operation.
    Or that it was Thymosin alpha 1 that Crameri saw in the fridge.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Thymosins are short proteins (peptides) that are produced naturally by the human body. Two forms are commonly used in medicine, Thymosin alpha 1 and Thymosin beta 4.

TA1 is used to boost immunity and TB4 is used to aid tissue repair in humans. TB4 also promotes the growth of tissue and muscle, which is why it is banned by WADA. It has no significant side effects.

So why on earth would Thymosin alpha 1 be part of Dank's program? Has to be TB4.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Or that it was Thymosin alpha 1 that Crameri saw in the fridge.
    See my post above. Has to be TB4.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the vials Essendon had were compounds concocted by Nima Alavi under specific order by Dank, as opposed to commercially available products. They could've been labelled anything.

Some of the texts between Alavi and Danks are the most damning. In one, Alavi says he can produce a compound including a synthetic polymer used on US racehorses, adding thymosin (presumably TB4 as others make no sense) and AOD. Dank responds (in 2012) - let us test a couple of players. Earlier in the text he refers specifically to football players.

Once again, not utterly conclusive in itself, but added to everything else, it's really easy to see how the CAS were reasonably satisfied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    So why on earth would Thymosin alpha 1 be part of Dank's program? Has to be TB4.

According to The Straight Dope Dank was treating half the staff and football department at Windy a Hill for everything from weight loss, tanning supplements, travel anxiety and sleeplessness. The alpha 1 could have been for any of those people. Just because it's in Dank's fridge doesn't necessarily mean it was for one of the players.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone going to bother with the Hird interview on ABC24?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I flicked over not knowing what you meant. I tuned in for, 'I'm a messiah and everyone else was wrong, especially Doc Reid has everything had to be signed off by him because he knows the most'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'll wait for Slobbo's blurb in the Essendon Bulletin tomorrow summarizing why it conclusively proves Hird is completely innocent, but if you want to watch it and provide your findings feel free
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the players didn't take drugs and did nothing wrong.

None of Hird's actions these past years have been anything but virtuous, with the player's innocence being front of mind.

CAS only judged the players the way they did because they wanted to send a message to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

And the players had to prove they weren't guilty.
    Well derr that's why you keep records. You didn't your head coach your responsibility to out people in who do keep records !
    If no records you are presumed guilty otherwise every athlete in the world wouldn't keep records and just take illegal drugs.
    Why did you ask about peptides and were called in about them then say it want a warning , of course it was .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I only wasted a few minutes. It's the same spin from a bloke who believes his own BS and has convinced himself of it, or he thinks he's a really good BS'r. Someone needs to tell him to just shut up, every time he talks he goes further back in everyone's estimation. Dank may well be the sinister character, but by employing a small target strategy he's not public enemy number one with a Homer Simpson defence of 'everyone is wrong but me'. At least the narrative for the upcoming season isn't this sorry disgusting saga.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't even watch it but heard a bit before hand that nothing new was going to be said. Hird still does not want to take any responsibility whatsoever in this whole drugs affair.

The concern should be for the health of the players down the track as a result of these drugs they took.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And the players had to prove they weren't guilty.
    Well derr that's why you keep records. You didn't your head coach your responsibility to out people in who do keep records !
    If no records you are presumed guilty otherwise every athlete in the world wouldn't keep records and just take illegal drugs.
    Why did you ask about peptides and were called in about them then say it want a warning , of course it was .
    Spot on ledge. All of the key figures at EFC have acknowledged that their programme was taking things to the edge of what is legal/permissible. Under those circumstances, an ethical party meticulously records every detail, a party that inexplicably loses/misplaces all records is very hard to believe when they claim it's all just a big, honest mitake.

14. Thanks FrediKanoute thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Spot on ledge. All of the key figures at EFC have acknowledged that their programme was taking things to the edge of what is legal/permissible. Under those circumstances, an ethical party meticulously records every detail, a party that inexplicably loses/misplaces all records is very hard to believe when they claim it's all just a big, honest mitake.
    Ah cmon, that was all Dank's fault. It wasn't like he admitted to Essendon getting a phone call and tip off from the AFL 3 days prior to ASADA investigation commencing which would be ample time to shred and then burn all records before investigators turned up for said records. Oh, he did, that's right. Ok... Then maybe ASADA destroyed them to make a point because all 34 players declared to testers in 2012 they were taking supplements issued by the club. Oh, they didn't, that's right.

I give up. Maybe they just did the wrong thing, lied, got caught lying and got a Punishmemt they didn't like and can't bear to blame themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget he only wants to help the players.....I think you have done enough don't you ?

Everyone else thrown under the bus but himself.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

17. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post