Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Hird can't coach this club , surely.
    He couldn't coach to start with. Boom boom.

Let's go after Carlisle.
    The AFL might have to have a mini draft for Essendon players leaving. Gold Coast and GWS will have the first 30 picks between them.

Yeah. Let's get Carlisle and then some.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel so sorry for the players and the bomber's fans & members who are logical (I know a few) who think Hird should have resigned a long time ago and think this court case was a waste of time & money.

Good result thought for AFL and for fairness.

And Yep - if any of their listed players are disgruntled and they fit what we need, we should consider making offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone stopped for a moment and considered Brendan Goddard in all this?

Nup, neither have i

4. Likes N/A, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surprisingly the Federal Court looked at the evidence and legislation in reaching their determination. Everyone at Essendon, and indeed the AFL itself, will struggle with this foreign concept.

Good outcome. Go Middleton J.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Surprisingly the Federal Court looked at the evidence and legislation in reaching their determination. Everyone at Essendon, and indeed the AFL itself, will struggle with this foreign concept.

Good outcome. Go Middleton J.
    That is the thing that baffles me. Surely from a legal standpoint they had no case. Their lawyers may have thought that there could be a nice little earner out of this - we can screw them royally

Post Thanks / Like

I laughed at Goddard suggesting it was unfair that other clubs were trying to harass and shove things down the throats of the Essendon players.

Oh the irony.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I feel so sorry for the players and the bomber's fans & members who are logical (I know a few) who think Hird should have resigned a long time ago and think this court case was a waste of time & money.

Good result thought for AFL and for fairness.

And Yep - if any of their listed players are disgruntled and they fit what we need, we should consider making offers.
    I haven't come across any Bombers fans that I could feel a skerrick of sympathy for. The arrogance and the delusional behaviour of Cult Hird supporters has been just about as sickening as the original behaviour with its complete contempt for the well being of their players and refusal to take responsibility. I'd like to think in a similar position Dogs fans would be disgusted at their club for basically cheating and angry that money you put into the club goes into fighting it and deifying James. Hird ( a holiday in France for disgracing the club???)

As for an appeal, it will need to be based on Law. You can't appeal because you just don't like a decision, you have to show serious errors in legal reasoning and convince three judges.

It really is time they took their lumps (was going to say medicine ) and showed some belated integrity, accepted their culpability and cleaned out everyone remotely associated with their drug regime.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

11. Likes Murphy'sLore, Drunken Bum, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    That is the thing that baffles me. Surely from a legal standpoint they had no case. Their lawyers may have thought that there could be a nice little earner out of this - we can screw them royally
    With these types of matters there is always a reason why, albeit a slim chance of succeeding on the merits, hoping a decision maker (and in this case, the general public) is impressed with window dressing in your evidence (or indeed, an opportunity for it to be heard), a delaying tactic or perhaps they're just vexatious.

I'm sure all applicants were strongly advised about the pros and cons of the bringing the application and provided written instructions confirming they wished to proceed. No doubt a good earner for the solicitors and counsel involved, but given the (litigious) clients, they would have covered their own backsides too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Justice Middleton: "Essendon and Hird to pay costs"

It just keeps getting better
    Any idea Sedat what sort of ball park figure we are talking about here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    They would be assessed or agreed. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of 50-70% of the total.

No idea what ASADA's bill would have been, but from memory it was a 3 day hearing - so somewhere upwards of $50k, maybe closer to $100k. (edit, perhaps even more on reflection.)

Post Thanks / Like

I think this sums up EFC's likely next steps
    http://titusoreily.com/paul-little-o...light-problem/
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    They would be assessed or agreed. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of 50-70% of the total.

No idea what ASADA's bill would have been, but from memory it was a 3 day hearing - so somewhere upwards of $50k, maybe closer to $100k. (edit, perhaps even more on reflection.)
    Was hoping it was a ridiculous figure.

Do not feel sorry for Essendon supporters because everyone I have met has been brainwashed. This will set them back 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I think this sums up EFC's likely next steps
    http://titusoreily.com/paul-little-o...light-problem/
    Nice one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    About $1 million is what I'm hearing

19. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    About $1 million is what I'm hearing
    Now that is a figure I was hoping for!