Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 12 of 160 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Now that is a figure I was hoping for!
    I'm just reading the judgment, they had 2 QC's and another fairly experienced counsel, I think $1m would be excessive, but that could indeed be the ballpark.

Wonder what the total bill for the whole saga is up to now?

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they have to rattle tins. And those tin remain empty.

3. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it's not over yet. Essendon are pig headed enough to continue to drag this out through appeal after appeal.

Surely there must be an Essendon person out there with the influence and courage to bring on a board spill and end this madness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I'm sure it's not over yet. Essendon are pig headed enough to continue to drag this out through appeal after appeal.

Surely there must be an Essendon person out there with the influence and courage to bring on a board spill and end this madness.

That is why the AFL must use its powers and take this off Essendon for the good of the game. This needs to be resolved one way or the other or it will drag on for years with court cases, players suing the club etc etc.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is why the AFL must use its powers and take this off Essendon for the good of the game. This needs to be resolved one way or the other or it will drag on for years with court cases, players suing the club etc etc.
    Just remove them from the competition.

7. Likes The bulldog tragician, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    About $1 million is what I'm hearing
    Hirds is being reported at 500K
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Just remove them from the competition.
    Lets be realistic, that won't happen even if they deserve it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't see how Hird can coach next year but one things for sure he won't leave if his own accord, and thus get another million pay out for next years coaching contract.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We should not forget that the Essendon players have been the innocent victims in this long drawn out saga. It is time for Little and Hird to move on to clear the air in what has been an absolute disgrace.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    We should not forget that the Essendon players have been the innocent victims in this long drawn out saga. It is time for Little and Hird to move on to clear the air in what has been an absolute disgrace.
    Agree nurture over nature with the players participation with this? While I hope the AFL throws the book at Essendon the club, I equally hope they do everything in their power to support the innocent players. (alright I wouldn't necessarily squeal if they confiscate Jobe's Brownlow!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy Contradicts Law View Post
    Agree nurture over nature with the players participation with this? While I hope the AFL throws the book at Essendon the club, I equally hope they do everything in their power to support the innocent players. (alright I wouldn't necessarily squeal if they confiscate Jobe's Brownlow!!!)
    But they have already punished the Club.

Hird, and the board must resign, a deal needs to be done with ASADA on the show cause notices which must include players not to take further action in the courts, and the whole thing is to be made history as it is tarnishing the whole AFL.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Paul Little resign for doing what the members wanted of him?

Sure, I can understand the club having to get the broom out to get rid of those involved with the actual actions in question, but the remaining board members have carried out the wishes of the membership which is what they're responsible for as board members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But they have already punished the Club.

Hird, and the board must resign, a deal needs to be done with ASADA on the show cause notices which must include players not to take further action in the courts, and the whole thing is to be made history as it is tarnishing the whole AFL.
    Please, no deals. Follow due process.

The players give their full support to the investigation and hold nothing back and they get the available discounts. They do their time and we all move on. Talk of deals is counterproductive and it will just undermine Australian sport's credibility and force WADA to get involved.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

18. Likes jeemak, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Why would Paul Little resign for doing what the members wanted of him?

Sure, I can understand the club having to get the broom out to get rid of those involved with the actual actions in question, but the remaining board members have carried out the wishes of the membership which is what they're responsible for as board members.
    I can't see why he would resign. He has to try and dig them out of this mess or get a reasonable compromise.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Whilst its nice to play the players as innocent victims in all of this they aren't. Every player knows that they have an obligation to make sure that what they put into their body is legitimate and within the ASADA/WADA guidelines. Whilst there may be grounds that the players were coerced and that their employer did not take reasonable care, the fact remains that they potentially ingested substances that would/should have given them an advantage over other teams.

I for one believe that ASADA should just proceed. Appeal or no appeal, unless Essendon get an injunction preventing the ASADA's show cause notices from applying, the process should continue. I can't see an injunction being granted. In my mind players who co-operate and provide information which is helpful to ASADA should be given reduced bans. The reductions should work on a sliding scale so that the first to co-operate get a more reduction than the last and in that case I would be applying extreme pressure on Cameri to co-operate!

21. Likes bornadog, Drunken Bum liked this post