Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54104144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2396
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    You can't make this stuff up. Just when things went quiet for a month, this pops up to kick the can down the road a bit further.
    A lot of people have been suggesting the Work Cover process would be most revealing over the course of the saga. You can't get away from Work Cover, it's legislated that they have the right to interrogate.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely, sometime down the track, there's got to be a musical or a mini-series spawned. The cast is well over three figures now with more heads popping up. Is Jimmy Bazely still around? But now I think of it, a musical is probably out of the question given James' situation. But a mini-series has got legs. The way this story is going it could run longer than Coronation Street, East Enders or H & A.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

3. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely, sometime down the track, there's got to be a musical or a mini-series spawned. The cast is well over three figures now with more heads popping up. Is Jimmy Bazely still around? But now I think of it, a musical is probably out of the question given James' situation. But a mini-series has got legs. The way this story is going it could run longer than Coronation Street, East Enders or H & A.
    If the mini-series gets up Chemist Warehouse would be a natural fit for sponsor.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the mini-series gets up Chemist Warehouse would be a natural fit for sponsor.
    They already sponsor our women's team.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They already sponsor our women's team.
    No, Priceline sponsor the Dogs women's team, Chemist Warehouse is a league sponsor.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    No, Priceline sponsor the Dogs women's team, Chemist Warehouse is a league sponsor.
    argh, you are right, I knew Chemist Warehouse were in there somewhere.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    argh, you are right, I knew Chemist Warehouse were in there somewhere.
    Chemist Warehouse are every bloody where with their wall of chocolates and lollies in front of the cash registers. I thought chemists were supposed to care about the health of their customers but instead they now contribute to our obesity epidemic in their own little way. Business is business I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm. Chocolate.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmm. Chocolate.

Post Thanks / Like

Chemist Warehouse are every bloody where with their wall of chocolates and lollies in front of the cash registers. I thought chemists were supposed to care about the health of their customers but instead they now contribute to our obesity epidemic in their own little way. Business is business I guess.
    Same as everywhere. Try taking kids into Supercrap Auto.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Same as everywhere. Try taking kids into Supercrap Auto.

You blokes need to show some balls in your parenting. My kids had carte Blanche to pull anything that the supermarket had placed at their eye level down onto the floor. I love an argument and i was more than happy to explain that little children have very little self control and that if the supermarket insisted on placing product where kids could get at it then, and the kids got at it, then that was the supermarket's fault, not the fault of me and my kids.

After I'd worked my way past the shouting, shocked teenager store staff level of employee up to smart arsed store management who threatened to have my kids charged with criminal damage until I explained what the age of criminal liability was and he went and checked with legal (dont think he had heard of the age of CL before-he lived in that fantasy, corporate, drip down economic world where money is God and the law is inconvenient). He then told me we were banned from the store until I got a lawyer friend if mine to send a legal letter telling them I would sue Safeway for defamation. Not only was I was allowed back in their stores I got a 100 dollar Safeway voucher. Never saw the smartarse manager again either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    You blokes need to show some balls in your parenting. My kids had carte Blanche to pull anything that the supermarket had placed at their eye level down onto the floor. I love an argument and i was more than happy to explain that little children have very little self control and that if the supermarket insisted on placing product where kids could get at it then, and the kids got at it, then that was the supermarket's fault, not the fault of me and my kids.

After I'd worked my way past the shouting, shocked teenager store staff level of employee up to smart arsed store management who threatened to have my kids charged with criminal damage until I explained what the age of criminal liability was and he went and checked with legal (dont think he had heard of the age of CL before-he lived in that fantasy, corporate, drip down economic world where money is God and the law is inconvenient). He then told me we were banned from the store until I got a lawyer friend if mine to send a legal letter telling them I would sue Safeway for defamation. Not only was I was allowed back in their stores I got a 100 dollar Safeway voucher. Never saw the smartarse manager again either.
    I love this post. Woolworth's, for example, likes to portray itself as family friendly yet it owns more pokies than any other entity. Jaime Oliver wets himself cos Woolies gives a free piece of fruit to a kid ("accompanied by an adult" of course). What a croc! What about the mega promotion of Coke and chips and every other piece of junk you can think of. They don't care about public health. They will market ANY legal product as long as there is a $ in it. Displays NO social responsibility whatsoever.

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this post. Woolworth's, for example, likes to portray itself as family friendly yet it owns more pokies than any other entity. Jaime Oliver wets himself cos Woolies gives a free piece of fruit to a kid ("accompanied by an adult" of course). What a croc! What about the mega promotion of Coke and chips and every other piece of junk you can think of. They don't care about public health. They will market ANY legal product as long as there is a $ in it. Displays NO social responsibility whatsoever.
    Don't blame Woolworths it's supply on demand , blame the parents for buying it ..if people don't buy a product they won't stock it.
    Yes the free fruit is to get the customer in.. But no ones forced to buy junk food you have a choice they have healthy food too .
    Just like the bombers had a choice drugs or no drugs we don't blame the seller we blame the club for going down that track.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Don't blame Woolworths it's supply on demand , blame the parents for buying it ..if people don't buy a product they won't stock it.
    Yes the free fruit is to get the customer in.. But no ones forced to buy junk food you have a choice they have healthy food too .
    Just like the bombers had a choice drugs or no drugs we don't blame the seller we blame the club for going down that track.
    In a sense that's true but we're also mammals who crave certain things like fat and sugar naturally and not everyone will be able to overcome that instinct if it's preyed upon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Oh my kids don't get this stuff, I was just surprised that this establishment sold candy across the counter - I rarely see kids in there.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.