Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2396
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Oh my kids don't get this stuff, I was just surprised that this establishment sold candy across the counter - I rarely see kids in there.

I knew that but I was making a broader point and starting an argument (I love an argument, especially when i know I am right) and expecting a voucher with the inevitable apology that Woolworths would have to make to me.

Woollies were welcome to start a fight but they should have understood that no-one wins an argument with me. what is it that Russian saying? Never take a knife to a gun fight and expect to win. Woolies turned up for their fight with me sadly under-prepared, thinking they could bully me, and they were wrong
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I knew that but I was making a broader point and starting an argument (I love an argument, especially when i know I am right) and expecting a voucher with the inevitable apology that Woolworths would have to make to me.
    This should be a thread. I too have learned the gift card/voucher benefit of complaining to a few different organisations (legit complaints though).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This should be a thread. I too have learned the gift card/voucher benefit of complaining to a few different organisations (legit complaints though).

Yep. The retailers have worked out that it's cheaper to buy trouble makers like us off than to do the right thing in the first place I think.

Post Thanks / Like

So James Hird has his first regular column in the Essendon Gazette today (formerly known as the Herald-Sun), where his triumphant return from adversity is being celebrated. Perhaps this new battle with mental health is the first angle his media team have got right.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    So James Hird has his first regular column in the Essendon Gazette today (formerly known as the Herald-Sun), where his triumphant return from adversity is being celebrated. Perhaps this new battle with mental health is the first angle his media team have got right.
    The Never ending story.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep quite a few of us called it a while ago. I like the new name for the paper.

Post Thanks / Like

Fake News
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Fake News
    Thanks Donald
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

James Hird inc. is back on track. Full support of Tania and the Board. I wonder how dad is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yep quite a few of us called it a while ago. I like the new name for the paper.
    First thing I thought when I saw the headline was that I'd read this bit six months ago on WOOF.

12. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What an absurd situation - Hird was 'pleading' for privacy after his latest episode and was subsequently completely left alone by all and sundry. So tell me how being employed to write a weekly click-bait column for the HS (and official sponsor of EFC no less) will help him achieve this desired request for privacy? He has literally now joined the ranks of those who supposedly hounded him (and drove him to his episode if you believe the bullshit being spun by Hird Inc).

I am sick of this bloke hijacking the media to feed his addiction for relevancy. I wish he would just fark off forever so we can all keep talking about the Bont and all the positive things in the game today. This arsehole is simply a reminder of the cheating and lying that has disgraced footy in the 4 years before we came and saved the game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What an absurd situation - Hird was 'pleading' for privacy after his latest episode and was subsequently completely left alone by all and sundry. So tell me how being employed to write a weekly click-bait column for the HS (and official sponsor of EFC no less) will help him achieve this desired request for privacy? He has literally now joined the ranks of those who supposedly hounded him (and drove him to his episode if you believe the bullshit being spun by Hird Inc).

I am sick of this bloke hijacking the media to feed his addiction for relevancy. I wish he would just fark off forever so we can all keep talking about the Bont and all the positive things in the game today. This arsehole is simply a reminder of the cheating and lying that has disgraced footy in the 4 years before we came and saved the game.

This went way past just plain absurd through the ridiculous and into the sublime yonks ago.

This is whatever is below sublime.

15. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't read the article because I read last week that Mick Gatto has proof that James and EFC did NO WRONG.
    If Mick said that then it must be true. I expect James will be re-instated as coach in 2018 and that he will receive an apology from the AFL and several millions of $in compensation which will be raised by increasing the cost of admission tickets and by a levy on all junior football teams called "The Let's Beg James' Forgiveness Fund." The thinking is that as the whole football community has been polarized by these events, the whole community must be involved in the healing process.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a levy on kids footy. Everybody should pull their weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone perverted enough to post he article itself?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how that King dude at Richmond gets warned off hanging out with bikies but the bombers have been in contact with Gatto and that's ok.
    Does anyone find that a little hypocritical ?
    Bring back the biff