Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 16 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Poses a whole new question on what happens with Stuie Crameri?
    Justice, whatever that may be. As soon as we ask for otherwise because he's a Bulldog, we become as bad as Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    We go on about elite athletes knowing what's going in their body and that's fair enough If its a single person sport like cycling or boxing or athletics but in a team sport and the team is told by coaches or whoever is at the club it's fine and you are young and getting a wage you never dreamed of in a so called professional club, who are you to question it?
    And don't forget the awkward part of questioning something when for all you know it's a normal part of being in the AFL.
    For example at work I'm asked to do things I haven't done before and just accept it. I work for a huge company why would I think that anything they do is illegal ?
    Single person sports are easier to find blame than team sports.
    Fact is it was the club doing illegal things, the players were the guinea pigs, in hindsight yes they should have asked questions etc but yeah in hindsight I should have picked the winner in the Melbourne cup but I didn't.
    Dustin Fletcher. What the hell was Fletch saying when all this was going on? He's no green kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Ledge, when you look at it big business and big government are responsible for the most disgusting atrocities to ever blight this lovely planet (I'm leaving religion out of this much to the chagrin of libertarians and others of their ilk). I'd start asking questions more regularly at work if I was you.

There is no way any of these players should have allowed any of these substances to be injected into them without getting a complete record of what they contained to hang to for their own records. These sorts of acts should be the bare minimum any player should be responsible for if they sign up to the ASADA and WADA codes (which they all did).

This issue is a massive failing of the entire football industry, not just the EFC. When I go to a doctor and receive an injection I sure as shit keep a record of what was supposed to have been injected into me. Why on Earth should we allow AFL players to be subject to a lesser standard than what we are generally subject to for Medicare?

Their careers are subject to ensuring no illegal substances are pumped into their bodies! They can use the excuse that group think stopped them from thinking, but that sort of thinking doesn't fly in the world outside of the AFL, and it's about time the AFL caught up.
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Two narcissists at work in one place, just need AKer down there now to complete the stooges, then again he might be their advisor
    To be fair to Aker, he's one of the only players to ever stand up to this sort of thing in a public setting, rightly or wrongly.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon players ready to listen to ASADA deal offers

With embattled Essendon chairman Paul Little scheduled to face his rivals at a meeting of the 18 clubs on Monday, Fairfax Media understands lawyers for the 34 players will outline a series of choices and recommend the players move forward, regardless of Essendon's next move.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz3DxB7bDLZ
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone posted this?

http://sociallitigator.com/2014/09/1...-the-hard-way/

The Dons are rooted.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

4. Thanks Murphy'sLore, 1eyedog, Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ASADA waiting on Essendon and Hird to see if they appeal - deadline is October 10. If there is no appeal, ASADA will present show cause notices again with evidence. The players will have 10 days to respond.

ASDA is also willing to negotiate with any player that comes forward.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stew should deal. Gordon can handle himself in high powered negotiations, so that will be the best offer he gets.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely, I think Stew didn't handle the season well when the ASDA hit the fan. Nothing to loss, get in first, you miss a pre season and back for round one.

No brainer to me!
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest Stew keep his mouth shut until he sees the evidence ASADA have to put on the table.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest Stew keep his mouth shut until he sees the evidence ASADA have to put on the table.
    Hasn't he already seen it when the first notice was shown?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I don't think so.

Of course I could be wrong however, the first lot of show cause notices came out with a summary of notice and then the injunction was issued.

This time around I think they're reissuing the show cause notices with evidence.

11. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I don't think so.

Of course I could be wrong however, the first lot of show cause notices came out with a summary of notice and then the injunction was issued.

This time around I think they're reissuing the show cause notices with evidence.
    Correct - and evidence could be damming.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you'd hope it is, otherwise this is a complete farce.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so.

Correct. ASADA aren't going to show their hand while Essendon are hoping to get off on a technicality.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see the Sunday Footy Show earlier? Barrett thinks that Crameri is going to be the first to break ranks and deal with ASADA, but he won't be the last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Did anyone see the Sunday Footy Show earlier? Barrett thinks that Crameri is going to be the first to break ranks and deal with ASADA, but he won't be the last.
    I think Ryder will be right behind him if he doesn't get to where he wants to go.
    Essendon need to treat its players like kings, only takes one to get pissed off and that's a problem as they have to delist some.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    This is being reported at the moment.

Former Essendon player Stewart Crameri, who was one of the 32 past or present Essendon players issued with a show cause notice will look to now broker a deal with ASADA according to the Sunday Footy Show.

With Ryder and Monfries likely to follow.

I think this is a good move by Crameri.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"