Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 21 of 160 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Thanks Bornadog - sounds like it is a good move for Crameri and for Dogs. Glad Crameri has intelligence to think for himself and not follow the .......(dare I say it "herd"). I also did not know Prismall is one of 34 until I read the article either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Thanks Bornadog - sounds like it is a good move for Crameri and for Dogs. Glad Crameri has intelligence to think for himself and not follow the .......(dare I say it "herd"). I also did not know Prismall is one of 34 until I read the article either.
    Yes Prismall was there in 2012, but I believe he is retiring anyway but probably wants to clear his name.

PS: Gordon and Stary are good mates, so we are in good hands.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    How can Hird possibly coach these players when they specifically told him don't appeal the decision we want it over and done with and then he goes and appeals it.
    He says its about the players but when the players tell him what they want he does the opposite, think its pretty obvious it's about him and no one else now.
    Ps anyone see the reception Bomber got at the B&F?
    It was huge, players standing up cheering, quite obvious who they want as coach, if he coaches next year I can see essendon having a great year next year.
    I still think most of the players want Hird to coach next year which is astounding.

Post Thanks / Like

This is music to my ears. Sing like a canary boys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great guy Rob Stary and a Bulldogs man, he will give good advice.
    Yes Prismall was there in 2012, but I believe he is retiring anyway but probably wants to clear his name.

PS: Gordon and Stary are good mates, so we are in good hands.
    Well said. Have dealt with Rob a couple of times professionally and as well as being very good at what he does he is very fair minded and a 'big picture' type.

Prismall will still want to play local footy so any ban he cops would still affect this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Well said. Have dealt with Rob a couple of times professionally and as well as being very good at what he does he is very fair minded and a 'big picture' type.

Prismall will still want to play local footy so any ban he cops would still affect this.
    If Prismall wanted to coach would that also be effected.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Prismall wanted to coach would that also be effected.
    I believe it's only playing, but I would imagine if Hird was found guilty he would be banned from football in any position
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

So at the moment the Essendon situation is;

Essendon & Hird took ASADA to court and lost after receiving strong advice they would win.

Hird is taking ASADA to court of appeal after receiving strong advice he'll win.

Essendon won't sack Hird because he'll take them to court and has received strong advice he'll win.

Essendon settled for $1mil with the Weapon on the steps of the court, apparently due to AFL interference (and even suggestions the AFL paid the settlement) despite receiving strong advice they would win.

Essendon are threatening to take Paddy Ryder to court if he goes to the AFL grievance tribunal to escape his contract and have received strong advice they'll win.

Essendon are threatening to take Port Adelaide to court if they don't accept Essendon's ridiculous trade offer for approaching Paddy Ryder while he's under contract and have strong advice they'll win.

Am I missing any court action? Other than the no doubt impending law suits from Essendon players against the club.

So Essendon have either been told they can sue anyone and everyone they've ever had contact with and win, or Mark Robinson and Mick Warner think that adding "and have received strong advice they'll win" at the end of every sentence somehow makes Essendon sound like they're in a position of power. Sort of like declaring Essendon 4/600 dec and ASADA all out for 80 after hearing only the opening statements.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

9. Likes Mofra, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    So at the moment the Essendon situation is;

Essendon & Hird took ASADA to court and lost after receiving strong advice they would win.

Hird is taking ASADA to court of appeal after receiving strong advice he'll win.

Essendon won't sack Hird because he'll take them to court and has received strong advice he'll win.

Essendon are threatening to take Paddy Ryder to court if he goes to the AFL grievance tribunal to escape his contract and have received strong advice they'll win.

Essendon are threatening to take Port Adelaide to court if they don't accept Essendon's ridiculous trade offer for approaching Paddy Ryder while he's under contract and have strong advice they'll win.

Am I missing any court action? Other than the no doubt impending law suits from Essendon players against the club.

So Essendon have either been told they can sue anyone and everyone they've ever had contact with and win, or Mark Robinson and Mick Warner think that adding "and have received strong advice they'll win" at the end of every sentence somehow makes Essendon sound like they're in a position of power. Sort of like declaring Essendon 4/600 dec and ASADA all out for 80 after hearing only the opening statements.
    Missed: Court action and settlement for the 'Weapon' cost a cool 800K-1Mk apparently

11. Likes Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And now another player wants out because of it. Kyle next
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The AFLPA are asking ASADA to hurry up with the show cause notices. Am I being dense or is this now impossible due to Hird appealing the decision?

The way I see it Hird is appealing against the legitimacy of the investigation and thus ASADA cannot do anything until appeal is thrown out of the next court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Missed: Court action and settlement for the 'Weapon' cost a cool 800K-1Mk apparently
    Yes, good one. I'll add it in. I'm sure they settled at the last minute on the steps of the court due to AFL interference, afterall they had strong advice that if it went to trial they would win.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    And now another player wants out because of it. Kyle next
    To be fair I think Kyle wants out because he can't get a game.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    To be fair I think Kyle wants out because he can't get a game.
    You can go in what you think or what he said which was he is drained and sick of it , so maybe that has stalled him not playing at his best and thus not getting a game.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I was stunned to read that chief Essendon cheerleader Mark Robinson has been nominated for an award for his reporting on the Essendon drugs saga.
    http://www.ausport.gov.au/news/asc_n...c_media_awards
    Wasn't Robinson subpoenaed by "the weapon" legal team because of having had private briefings by Hird's publicity team? What has journalism come to? I don't recall Robinson 'breaking' any stories, just recycling the pro- Hird propaganda?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

18. Thanks lemmon thanked for this post