Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

This is now just getting ridiculous. Get the 17 Presidents together, tell Essendon to take their medicine and have this finished with or else see ya. If they fail in this latest action they are done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Anyone see the Little presser - he is playing the 'essendon is the victim' card. FFS the club has brought this on themselves. Sure there maybe issues with the whole process but the players are the concern not Essendon FC as a whole.
    I don't think anyone was buying his 'defending our players' honour,' line. Typical Essendon arrogance, he was smirking all the way through.

The sort of arguments and technicalities popping up reminded me of times sitting in with the Union and someone about to be sacked, when at the heart of it, they know they've stuffed up and are just making you do the dance as a matter of course rather than any real passionate defence of themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Essendon actually have a interesting case, but it'll be pretty sad if they get off on what it looks like they're challenging.

Basically, the premise of what their argument should be is that ASADA should have only requested the AFL provide them with information rather than run a joint investigation.
    So, by running a joint investigation, it breaches the intentions of the ASADA act and invalidates the findings of the investigation.

It's a interesting argument which could get the players off the hook on a technically and make bombers fans even more insufferable

Either way administrative law is neither quick nor cheap to fight in the courts, this is going to take a while longer and will probably end with a HCA hearing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Turns out, "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    Yet he's in Paris singing, "Always look on the bright side of life..."

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder where Peter Gordon and the other presidents sit in this.

Hypothetically, imagine if that club was us, we would have been thrown to the wolves and been booted from the AFL last year.

The way little/Hird are carrying on reminds me a lot of Lance Armstrong, fought ferociously, but in the end knew he did wrong.

If Hird and Little admitted guilt last year this would have been all over already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    I wonder where Peter Gordon and the other presidents sit in this.

Hypothetically, imagine if that club was us, we would have been thrown to the wolves and been booted from the AFL last year.

The way little/Hird are carrying on reminds me a lot of Lance Armstrong, fought ferociously, but in the end knew he did wrong.

If Hird and Little admitted guilt last year this would have been all over already.
    The AFL totally deserve this, as they've spent the last few decades building the entire competition on a handful of pillar clubs, and now their precious Big Four member has turned rotten, the whole structure is at risk of burning down. Screw Essendon, the AFL are watching their next TV rights deal go up in smoke.

It makes the football anarchist giddy with delight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Players that have been given show-cause notices can simply cooperate fully with ASADA and they could get their sanctions cut by as much as half. I know what I'd be advising Crameri, Gumbleton and Monfries to do if I was their current employer. And what will the likes of Reimers, Lonergan and other potentially disgruntled ex players do? I'm guessing that they will sing like canaries, then the current players will follow, being faced with minimum 2 years away from their job, then surely legal action will be taken against the club by angry players being denied their livelihood. That's when things will get interesting for EFC.
    I think this might be best outcome for Crameri and Dogs. I feel sorry for the players - even though they should have had alarms bells ringing with weird injections into stomach. And believe it or not, I also feel sorry for some of their supporters (the ones who wanted Hird to resign that is).

Let's hope some of the current Essendon players also comply and then want out of the club asap. I'd willingly play vulture, however obscene this sounds.
    Josie :)

Our day will come
    And we'll have everything.
    We'll share the joy
    Just like '54 again.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...616-zs9z2.html

I get the feeling the tide is turning and the pressure will mount for the Bombers to accept the penalties dished out by ASADA/ AFL. Another whole chapter then opens up on what happens then but I think everybody has had a gutful. Get this damn thing off the back of the papers and focus on the footy again.
    Last edited by hotdog; 16-06-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: wrong link

Post Thanks / Like

If you have ten minutes, read this! Very interesting for anyone interested in the technical and legal aspects of the Federal Court claims. Very interesting.

http://sociallitigator.com/2014/06/1...s-on-the-full/
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    This is now just getting ridiculous. Get the 17 Presidents together, tell Essendon to take their medicine and have this finished with or else see ya. If they fail in this latest action they are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...616-zs9z2.html

I get the feeling the tide is turning and the pressure will mount for the Bombers to accept the penalties dished out by ASADA/ AFL. Another whole chapter then opens up on what happens then but I think everybody has had a gutful. Get this damn thing off the back of the papers and focus on the footy again.
    You were right with that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I just heard Paul Little from Saturday "(Mcdevot) is trying to get the players to take the easy option and plead guilty.)

Easy for whom you dick? Stew (or others) potentially pleading guilty when he by his own ethics (not ASADA rules) has done nothing wrong because the cult told them it was OK is bloody hard, it just doesn't support your Jonestown like culture you dick.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If you have ten minutes, read this! Very interesting for anyone interested in the technical and legal aspects of the Federal Court claims. Very interesting.

ASADA was created as an independent investigator to prevent sports from botching their own investigations or covering things up. I think they probably relied too much on the AFL given ASADA's limited resources and the size of the investigation, but that would only serve to explain why they haven't uncovered everything and not why the evidence to support 34 charges is invalid
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love Paul Little
    His speech,we aren't guilty! Yet he doesn't know what the players took...
    How on earth could they even think on Bringing Jim Cult back!!

Post Thanks / Like

For the legally minded, this is a good read

The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    For the legally minded, this is a good read

Thanks DR. It's looking more and more likely that Essendon's little lawsuit is simply attempting to delay the course of justice. Is it so hard Essendon? To accept that you did something wrong? You can feel that the public is beginning to find you out, playing with legal loopholes. I'm reminded of the Lannisters in Game of Thrones, they've just a sickening sense of entitlement.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'