Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 4 of 160 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Thanks DR. It's looking more and more likely that Essendon's little lawsuit is simply attempting to delay the course of justice. Is it so hard Essendon? To accept that you did something wrong? You can feel that the public is beginning to find you out, playing with legal loopholes. I'm reminded of the Lannisters in Game of Thrones, they've just a sickening sense of entitlement.
    Who becomes Tyrion then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    For the legally minded, this is a good read

http://sociallitigator.com/2014/06/1...s-on-the-full/
    How authoritative is that article? I ask because I was only 3 paras in when I noticed the first grammatical error:

Both Essendon and James Hird are likely to establish this, although on different bases.
    They mean to say basis surely? It doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    How authoritative is that article? I ask because I was only 3 paras in when I noticed the first grammatical error.
    The author was a partner at Mallesons for 10 years in litigation.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Bases is the plural of basis
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Who becomes Tyrion then?
    ...Travis Colyer?
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

How authoritative is that article? I ask because I was only 3 paras in when I noticed the first grammatical error:

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Grammar Nazi fail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    The author was a partner at Mallesons for 10 years in litigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Grammar Nazi fail

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Oh well, carry on then.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Oh well, carry on then.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dank on Adelaide radio says he believes the players knew what they were taking...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon he (Dank) will sing like a canary.......

Post Thanks / Like

Yep and he will take Hird down big time.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Dank on Adelaide radio says he believes the players knew what they were taking...
    Heard Cornes on SEN this morning seems Dank is very confident that they did not take any banned substances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Heard Cornes on SEN this morning seems Dank is very confident that they did not take any banned substances.
    He'd want to stick with that no matter what. Got to say I agree with Fredi, from interviews etc, I don't think i'd trust the locations of the bodies with Dank (figuratively to say).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Heard him trot out these types of quote a number of times, I don't buy it for a second. If he had proof he did nothing wrong we'd have seen it long ago, rather we hear that he's never going to present it, and he's tries to sue anyone who questions him.

He reminds me of the old bloke sitting on the corner of every local pub telling you about how he could've been a great AFL player but didn't want to be. Basically full of shit. If he could he would.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Heard him trot out these types of quote a number of times, I don't buy it for a second. If he had proof he did nothing wrong we'd have seen it long ago, rather we hear that he's never going to present it, and he's tries to sue anyone who questions him.

He reminds me of the old bloke sitting on the corner of every local pub telling you about how he could've been a great AFL player but didn't want to be. Basically full of shit. If he could he would.
    And he's going to sue everybody from AD to Dr Harcourt to Ziggy Switkowski to the boot studder - court action taken thus far. Zero.

Essendon are royally screwed - stubborn and arrogant fools have decided to die slowly via the scenic route. Won't be long now until the splintering begins and self-preservation - from Dank, from the players and their managers - takes over.

"I'm looking forward to the truth coming out and we'll be in a very good place". I guess that is why Essendon have thrown a desperate Hail Mary by trying to suppress the evidence (read: the truth) gathered by ASADA thus far in the Federal Court.

They are a shit stain on the competition and I personally hope they are wiped to oblivion after all this. Drug cheating en masse (if proven to have occurred) should never, ever be tolerated by the game's governing body. James Hird will forever be the pariah of the game - the Lance Armstrong figure whose hubris and narcissism destroyed a game's reputation.

This opinion piece from the usually grubby Damian Barrett (although his work on this issue has been excellent) is quite telling, considering it is from the game's official website: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-0...sendon-players

Couldn't put it better myself. Don't care about the smokescreens that Essendon and their grubby PR machine are trying to create. Simple questions that Essendon and their media cheerleaders are unable/unwilling to answer - What drugs did the players take? Are these drugs banned under the WADA code? Minimum 2 years for all 34 players (yes, I know that will screw us with Crammers). Lawsuits a-plenty landing on Essendon's door-step - hopefully including from us and Port. Maybe then Tassie can then have their own stand-alone team and the competition can once again rise from the mess created by this dirty organisation.