Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 59 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Can someone please tell me how Hird was penalised at all ? He got a one year holiday in America fully paid and he did a course of some sort while there, it was a reward not a penalty.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was Essendon I would be getting the feelers out in a hurry and telling everyone involved not to comment (esp. Little). It is the only way to protect the players and really, Robson's and Hird's interviews struck home just how negligent this club has been.

You won't hear peep out of WADA until they're ready to let the axe fall, Essendon would do well to do the same unless of course they're stupid and intent on making it worse for themselves.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Robbo going on about the poor players and Wada and what they are going through .. It's essendons fault blame them not Wada or Asada !
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Can someone please tell me how Hird was penalised at all ? He got a one year holiday in America fully paid and he did a course of some sort while there, it was a reward not a penalty.
    THE EFC, ASADA, the AFL, most of the media, The Australian Government and many punters simply did not take this very seriously. It will end up being the biggest single event that rocked Australian Sport and it was really only at the end that ASADA said, shit, we can't deal with this, it's too big. WADA were always going to drop the Macho Man elbow from the top rope.

He has so far had minor reputational damage but I expect him to go down like Lance 'Phoenix' Armstrong, screaming, kicking and lying all the way.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the Hird interview, it's painful how in denial he is and how stupid he is.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully WADA will investigate one of the biggest issues swept under the carpet by the AFL. That of the claimed tip-off to Essendon by the AFL. For some reason this was never properly investigated.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    Hopefully WADA will investigate one of the biggest issues swept under the carpet by the AFL. That of the claimed tip-off to Essendon by the AFL. For some reason this was never properly investigated.
    Good point. Difficult to prove but shapes as a major event to the onset of this sorry tale. The AFL giving drug cheats a leg up in order to get their papers in order. The AFL should have gone straight to ASADA with no warning to Essendon. If this can be proved massive fines could be served and I mean massive even by AFL standards.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Demetriou is sweating now. I think he DID make that call..........and he became more cannon fodder for Hird to throw under the bus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Good point. Difficult to prove but shapes as a major event to the onset of this sorry tale. The AFL giving drug cheats a leg up in order to get their papers in order. The AFL should have gone straight to ASADA with no warning to Essendon. If this can be proved massive fines could be served and I mean massive even by AFL standards.
    I strongly believe he did tip them off. How that became a deflection point of blame for Essendon and Hird is one of the most ridiculous aspects of what has been an incredibly ridiculous process.

He tried to help after we were busted, really this is all his fault
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

12. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I strongly believe he did tip them off. How that became a deflection point of blame for Essendon and Hird is one of the most ridiculous aspects of what has been an incredibly ridiculous process.

He tried to help after we were busted, really this is all his fault
    Yep, perhaps WADA will have a coffee with the National Security Agency and get a copy of that 'undoubtedly' recorded phone conversation

Post Thanks / Like

There has to be a point............there HAS to be when Essendon supporters and the club finally turn on James Hird. There HAS to be doesn't there?????

15. Likes Drunken Bum, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the club started to when they told him to stop appealing, it's not all roses down there for sure.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is how do you get rid of an employee that has not yet been found guilty due to the ineptitude of ASADA and the AFL? Up until yesterday Essendon thought he was exonerated.

He is an unfair dismissal case just waiting to happen. I don't know if Essendon can weather a WADA investigation and an unfair dismissal case from Hird at the same point in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is how do you get rid of an employee that has not yet been found guilty due to the ineptitude of ASADA and the AFL? Up until yesterday Essendon thought he was exonerated.

He is an unfair dismissal case just waiting to happen. I don't know if Essendon can weather a WADA investigation and an unfair dismissal case from Hird at the same point in time.
    I see your point.........but coaches get sacked all the time. Just sack him because he's "lost the support of the board", or you don't like the way the team are playing. Not only that, but there is such a trail of wreckage, and so many other people have lost their jobs over this issue already. I don't understand how he's the only one left standing.

Post Thanks / Like

Especially a highly litigant one bordering on vexatious.

Hird has made it clear throughout the entire process that the club and everyone else come a distant second to him and his ego.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

20. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post