Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 7 of 160 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Cronulla players have been offered 12 month bans backdated from November 2103 that come into force immediately. Thus effectively giving them a 3 month ban. I find it strange that they can backdate a ban yet during that period (9 months) they have been able to train and play as normal. Weak decision IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Cronulla players have been offered 12 month bans backdated from November 2103 that come into force immediately. Thus effectively giving them a 3 month ban. I find it strange that they can backdate a ban yet during that period (9 months) they have been able to train and play as normal. Weak decision IMO.
    Agreed.

All bark no bite.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

and captain their state to a State of Origin win.

Post Thanks / Like

With that as a player you would take that deal and close the book on the whole saga.

There has been little news on the chemist that is at the bottom of all this. What's he up to?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    With that as a player you would take that deal and close the book on the whole saga.

There has been little news on the chemist that is at the bottom of all this. What's he up to?
    Asada pushing for a life ban
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Asada pushing for a life ban
    Think he's talking about Nina Alavi, the compound chemist, and not Dank. Alavi has sung like a canary, as has Charter. Essendon are rooted.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this due to the inordinate delays in the NRL investigation due to the AFL and the Pollies bringing pressure on ASADA to bring forth an interim report in the AFL case before the finals. If there in no clear justification for this deal (which I think stinks) then surely WADA will step in.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

The speculative 6 month ban is the same as was proposed upon the release of show cause notices, and it leans upon an independent panel ruling each player guilty/innocent. If the players had shown cause, they may well have been found innocent, and even if they hadn't, they would have received a discount for complying with the notice. They didn't, and now the offer is for them to plead guilty (according to this article) and receive the same discount. I'm not as skeptical as some about WADA allowing this, and think that the players would be mad not to take ASADA up on this as soon as the finals series is out.

Re: Cronulla, I'm left scratching my head also. The back dating makes zero sense.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    The speculative 6 month ban is the same as was proposed upon the release of show cause notices, and it leans upon an independent panel ruling each player guilty/innocent. If the players had shown cause, they may well have been found innocent, and even if they hadn't, they would have received a discount for complying with the notice. They didn't, and now the offer is for them to plead guilty (according to this article) and receive the same discount. I'm not as skeptical as some about WADA allowing this, and think that the players would be mad not to take ASADA up on this as soon as the finals series is out.

Re: Cronulla, I'm left scratching my head also. The back dating makes zero sense.
    A few of the Olympians have come out and really criticized this today, and rightly so.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There'd be some athletes who'd be scratching their heads.
    Apparently they're responsible for what goes into their bodies, but AFL and NRL sportsman are'nt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    There'd be some athletes who'd be scratching their heads.
    Apparently they're responsible for what goes into their bodies, but AFL and NRL sportsman are'nt.
    I wonder how Saad feels (and many others like him)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I wonder how Saad feels (and many others like him)
    What about Wade Lees? Got a 2 year ban with no discount for ordering a supplement online that got confiscated by customs at the airport. I guess it's easier to smash an unknown VFL player that has no resources to support him than punish a large scale professional doping program.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    What about Wade Lees? Got a 2 year ban with no discount for ordering a supplement online that got confiscated by customs at the airport. I guess it's easier to smash an unknown VFL player that has no resources to support him than punish a large scale professional doping program.
    Exactly. I put the part in brackets cos I know there is so many bad stories and couldnt remember names.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...01-10ay1b.html
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...b2079cdabd76e6

The impending Dean Robinson trial is proving to be the fly in the ointment for Essendon - there are some things they are powerless to suppress or control. What a dirty, morally bankrupt organisation.

Post Thanks / Like

Great, love a feel good story after a long Monday at the office.