Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  908
Page 8 of 160 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ASADA issues show-cause notices to Essendon players

Got some more good news for you Griffen#16 - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...01-10ay7b.html

Looks as though the players knew a hell of a lot more than they were letting on. No wonder the Bombers are in court trying to get interviews, etc...deemed unlawful. Here are some juicy paragraphs from the article that allegedly places the players front and centre in on the cover-up:

Under the subhead "prohibited substances", the report says there is "player knowledge of the storage of WADA-prohibited substances at the club based on interview transcripts and quoting examples".

It adds: "Advice from EFC personnel to individual players about WADA-prohibited substances injected, and players seeing vials based on interview transcripts and quoting examples.

"Circumstances in which players were administered substances (whether prohibited or not) at EFC and away from the club based on interview transcripts and quoting examples.

"Evidence of possible player and others use of prohibited substances based on interview transcripts and quoting examples."

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of second hand accounts but no actual proof.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Lots of second hand accounts but no actual proof.
    The accounts are from the mouths of the players, via their ASADA/AFL interviews. This is why EFC desperately wants the interviews deemed inadmissible as evidence and the ASADA/AFL 'joint' investigation deemed illegal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The accounts are from the mouths of the players, via their ASADA/AFL interviews. This is why EFC desperately wants the interviews deemed inadmissible as evidence and the ASADA/AFL 'joint' investigation deemed illegal.
    Yes that is no coincidence and really when you look at how desperate Hird was / is to scrap the player interviews from the evidence it really stinks of a cover up. Interesting that if Middleton grants that the transcripts are void ASADA can still (re)source the transcripts from the AFL. If Middleton did this and if everything really does hang on the content of these transcripts I wonder how much pressure ASADA would put on the AFL in terms of dishing out their own punishment, independent of the court proceedings, to Bomber players / managers.

Post Thanks / Like

Article in the Herald Sun 'Clause in CBA agreement between AFL players and AFL gives scope for Essendon players to walk'
    Wow, I'll take Heppell, Zaharakis and Carlisle thanks

Post Thanks / Like

stevw9 - It's Ryder.

See here:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...03-10c40d.html

I think he will be the first of a few seeking offers after the finals are done and dusted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevw9 View Post
    Article in the Herald Sun 'Clause in CBA agreement between AFL players and AFL gives scope for Essendon players to walk'
    Wow, I'll take Heppell, Zaharakis and Carlisle thanks
    My take on this over a year ago was that the only right and logical thing to do would be to grant all Essendon players free agency. I'm pleased to see this is likely. If the Essendon players want to stay, they can. However if they wish to leave an employer who failed in its duty of care by treating them as lab rats, they are free to do so. It's the only morally correct outcome. I'd be certain any court challenge would bear that out.

I'll have Carlisle, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    My take on this over a year ago was that the only right and logical thing to do would be to grant all Essendon players free agency. I'm pleased to see this is likely. If the Essendon players want to stay, they can. However if they wish to leave an employer who failed in its duty of care by treating them as lab rats, they are free to do so. It's the only morally correct outcome. I'd be certain any court challenge would bear that out.

I'll have Carlisle, thanks!
    Agreed. We are getting to the nitty gritty of the investigation and I can foresee (as others did on this board much earlier) individual player revolts against the club with Ryder the first one out.

I'll have all of the above too as well as Hibberd who at 24 can be a Murphy replacement.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know if Carlisle's exploring his options post a $4.5M, 5 year deal to cross the Maribyrnong...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I'd like to know if Carlisle's exploring his options post a $4.5M, 5 year deal to cross the Maribyrnong...?
    Yep.

We should be going all out to get Jake.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it happening now because the players don't want to have any involvement with Hird as coach, it makes sense as he did say he took full responsibility.
    If I was a player and a coach pissed off overseas for a year to let me take all the brunt of his actions I wouldn't be coached under him again.
    Bring back the biff

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle to Hawks rumours heating up too.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon-ASADA verdict will be handed down at 1.30pm Friday.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Jess is a brave man.
    For those who may not know, his offices (with large plate glass windows), are right in the heart of Essendon.
    A stones throw away from Windy Hill.......

A bricks throw is what I'd be more worried about though if I was Mr. Jess.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else see the Jon Ralph debacle on twitter last night where he basically said having the announcement on Friday is a poor decision by the judge because it is Preliminary final weekend, as if the federal court is just another arm of the AFL.

Absolutely copped it for that statement too.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes westdog54 liked this post