Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who else on Woof is an only Bulldog

I'm an only child so I guess Im an only bulldog too. Although if I'd had brothers and sisters they would have been bulldog supporters. Of that I am sure.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm an only child so I guess Im an only bulldog too. Although if I'd had brothers and sisters they would have been bulldog supporters. Of that I am sure.
    So really you are onedog?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So really you are onedog?

Oneofakinddog!

Post Thanks / Like

Oneofakinddog!
    Were your folks TD also Bulldogs supporters or did they support different sides which was more my case and then you found the Dogs on your own.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

My entire family are bulldog supporters. Cousins, aunties, uncles, the lot. We used to say that you had a choice. You could barrack for Footscray or you could starve to death.

7. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My entire family are bulldog supporters. Cousins, aunties, uncles, the lot. We used to say that you had a choice. You could barrack for Footscray or you could starve to death.
    Same, in the DNA for generations. After 1991 I suggested only that I merely 'liked' Hawthorn because they kept winning GFs. I didn't get tickets to Bulldogs finals in 1992 and (half) brother who in a North member got to go and I was denied... 1992 was awesome... Tough love, I'm still shitty he got to go and not me. I never ever questioned my genes again and was rewarded with 1997 and 2008-2010.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bump. For some more positive talk
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Same, in the DNA for generations. After 1991 I suggested only that I merely 'liked' Hawthorn because they kept winning GFs. I didn't get tickets to Bulldogs finals in 1992 and (half) brother who in a North member got to go and I was denied... 1992 was awesome... Tough love, I'm still shitty he got to go and not me. I never ever questioned my genes again and was rewarded with 1997 and 2008-2010.
    Just between you I, quite a few opted for the latter option. It was a pity to lose them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just between you I, quite a few opted for the latter option. It was a pity to lose them.
    The old saying that everyone loves a winner. To finish the yarn, I vividly remember my brother talking footy to me as his dad (different dads) is a manic Hawks member, and I could tag along to their games if I wanted. I said something along the lines of I like their players, wouldn't it be nice to win flags etc, never anything like I wanted to jump, and he said with a fair degree of forcefulness 'there's a name for people who have a team and turn their back on them. It's turncoat. Whatever else you can't be a turncoat." Its deep in my consciousness and vernacular as a word of real meaning, I'm not sure it gets used much now. I can look back and think if I didn't love our traditions as much as I did, maybe I could've felt footy success with the Hawks. But at the cost of being a turncoat, I'd rather spend purgatory watching replays of the 1997 PF last quarter. I think that's what burns about a captain walking out, it's an act of a turncoat and in leading by example shows members they can walk out too. I guess the moral of the story is just win premierships!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Maddog37 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents and sister are Geelong and my brother is Collingwood.
    Living in the South East suburbs, there's not too many other Bulldogs supporters around, so I've made sure that all of my kids (and wife) are all Dogs supporters. The kids are all teenagers now and love being the only Dogs supporters around, because in there words, there's more people to "hang crap on" when we win.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woody313 View Post
    My parents and sister are Geelong and my brother is Collingwood.
    Living in the South East suburbs, there's not too many other Bulldogs supporters around, so I've made sure that all of my kids (and wife) are all Dogs supporters. The kids are all teenagers now and love being the only Dogs supporters around, because in there words, there's more people to "hang crap on" when we win.
    Good on you Woody313. Im a fellow Bulldogs supporter from out east and when I've taken the train in on match days it's always refreshing seeing quite a few Dogs fans on the way in from the eastern suburbs. Imagine when we become successful I'm sure there will be a lot more red white and blue coming out of the woodwork.

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mum and my brother are Carlton, dad is Norf and my sister is Geelong. I've made sure my kids are Dogs supporters - very important for children to learn disappointment from a very early age, and buggered if I'm going to suffer alone

18. Likes Eastdog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Mum and my brother are Carlton, dad is Norf and my sister is Geelong. I've made sure my kids are Dogs supporters - very important for children to learn disappointment from a very early age, and buggered if I'm going to suffer alone
    That must of been a challenge Sedat to make the kids support us. A few flags would go a long way to attracting more young kids to the Bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I am an only bulldog supporter in my family. I came to Australia in 2000 and start following afl. I followed the dogs since ... therefor I am the only bulldog supporter in my family But ... since then, my better haft and the kids joined in. I am therefor not the only one anymore
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    I am an only bulldog supporter in my family. I came to Australia in 2000 and start following afl. I followed the dogs since ... therefor I am the only bulldog supporter in my family But ... since then, my better haft and the kids joined in. I am therefor not the only one anymore
    You've done well. Lets hope you can covert a few friends into supporting the Bulldogs
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"