Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 46 of 149 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

No retort from Essendon however . Interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but no but yeah

I don't know what to think about Vickery. I thought he was having a good patch just before his suspension. I'm a bit wary about the king hit thing too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I hope it wasnt the Vickery for Dahlhaus rubbish on BF
    Speaking of Big Footy
    I think they have possibly the worst internet footy forum contributer in the universe .
    That MattDougie bloke is an embarrassment . It's like a car prang over there. I'm done going over there .

4. Likes Mofra, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact we're (rumored) offering big deals to a KPP. Really in need.

Can someone tell me how to pronounce Jaksch?

Jakshh? Jacks? Jash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Sorry but I am over under performing big men who want/ need fresh starts. Our recent history is filled with a litany of these types of players who fail to deliver based on their expectations. Let us learn and steer away from such players. I would rather develop our own or if we trade it is for a very good forward who has consistently delivered or a young up and comer (in the 19 to 21 age bracket)
    Vickery isn't out there saying he wants/needs a fresh start. I'm suggesting he might benefit from it.
    Being a top 10 draft pick has placed huge expectation on him at Richmond, in a forward line that has been pretty unstable, and the expectations haven't been aligned with how long 200cm forwards generally take to handle the game at AFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Speaking of Big Footy
    I think they have possibly the worst internet footy forum contributer in the universe .
    That MattDougie bloke is an embarrassment . It's like a car prang over there. I'm done going over there .
    Its bad. I really need a cure during trade period as its bad for my health reading the garbage on there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Its bad. I really need a cure during trade period as its bad for my health reading the garbage on there
    I've just taken my medication

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Vickery isn't out there saying he wants/needs a fresh start. I'm suggesting he might benefit from it.
    Being a top 10 draft pick has placed huge expectation on him at Richmond, in a forward line that has been pretty unstable, and the expectations haven't been aligned with how long 200cm forwards generally take to handle the game at AFL level.
    Just don't know if a change of scenery is going to change his attitude.
    Just because you're a top draft pick doesn't hide major defincies, and you just have to look at Watts.

Post Thanks / Like

In regards to Vickery, heard he was training like a man possessed after his suspension, couldn't crack back into the team as Griffiths was playing so well. He seemed to take the suspension well, I wouldn't be against having a look at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah but no but yeah

I don't know what to think about Vickery. I thought he was having a good patch just before his suspension. I'm a bit wary about the king hit thing too.

Is that you Vicki Pollard?

12. Likes Twodogs, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I would be interested in him. Recently turned 24 years old, mature bodied, coming into his best 5-6 years of footy, is a forward/ruck, plenty of upside that may well be tapped into by getting a fresh start.

I'd be happy to hear it if we were at least discussing it.

I also know that won't be popular with some on here who don't rate him. That's fine. But I could see him as being effective as the second ruck, who could take a contested mark and hopefully contribute 30 goals in a fwd line with Stringer and Crameri.
    Vickery could be worth a chat to. I wouldn't be prepared to give too much for him but he could add a bit to our structure especially if Jones is considering another club. I don't quite see Campbell as a forward who has 5 minutes bursts in the ruck each quarter but Vickery might be able to fill that role.

I'm not convinced if he is the right fit for us but like you I wouldn't be upset if we did meet with him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    We've put 7 years into Grant and 6 years into Jones for next to no reward, and many supporters want to give both at least another year to try to make it. Why would 5 years into a 20 year old KP be so desperate?
    I'm completely comfortable with a 5 year offer for a guy that age and I agree with what you've said here Greystache.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Is that you Vicki Pollard?
    Shut up.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Can someone tell me how to pronounce Jaksch?

Jakshh? Jacks? Jash?
    Yakshh I think
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=EasternWest;395859]I'm completely comfortable with a 5 year offer for a guy that age and I agree with what you've said here Greystache.

Shut up.[/QUOTE]

You don't know what ya talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

The only player on Richmond list that I would want at our club is Alex Rance and he is going nowhere, so can we please install an auto filter to remove any references to Richmond or any of their players being involved in trade discussions.