Had the club stuck with McCartney and then traded out Griffen, Cooney, Jones and Tutt for picks plus Boyd, as well as stashing Z Cordy away in order to get him F/S at pick 64 or whatever is was, I'd say our administration had pretty much scored a 9 out of 10 this post-season!

However, as things have turned out, I think we bottled it, but it all might be a bit of a blessing in disguise. Particularly if we land a coach who can continue on the development path, grow in the role himself, but put a bit more tactical nous into our kids. Particularly defensively as young defenders come in and Morris and Murphy come out...

... For this reason, I tend to think Leigh Tudor is the right man for us. I've pondered it for a while and I just think he is the guy. Didn't rate him at all as a player, but then again, Malthouse, Jeans, Clarkson and Hafey were average footballers, too.. For some reason, Buckley and Hird types seem to get coaching jobs whereas guys who were average players but great tacticians and communicators don't! For mine, I think there's some value in going with a low profile former player who's clearly an exceptional coaching talent.

Tudor's from outside the club (which I think is important with recent events in mind), carries no baggage, has coached under Bomber Thompson, Ross Lyon and John Longmire, has had success, is a good communicator and, let's face it, has walked the walk with two premierships and six grand finals. Norf have also shown a lot more defensive backbone since his arrival. I just hope he's up for it and has applied! If so, I really feel that he's our man. I hope we get it done.