Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 40 of 149 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

DISHLICKERS Guest

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Jones finishes nearly last in every endurance test and has done for the 6 years he's been on the list. Is that forward line coaching failure, or can we not teach players how to run either?
    You maybe correct yes his endurance is low so then play him to his strengths if you must. Low endurance and you put him into the ruck? Jones has great hands and a decent pack mark so use that if you are convinced you are not going to get his endurance up.

If his endurance is the problem why has he been on the list for 6 years then? After 4 years you would think the club would know we need this type of forward and Jones endurance will never get there so let us cut him now.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the Jones contract isn't in our court..

http://bit.ly/1uFofRT

If he does seek a trade, what do you think we would receive... a third round?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DISHLICKERS View Post
    Do not underestimate the impact the forward line coaching has had on players like Jones, Grant etc. Our forward line coaching is non existent. We think a key forward will solve all our problems but it wont unless the coaching staff especially the forward line coaches give clear instructions to all players how a forward line should function and we address roles of each player and how the ball comes in.

Jones has not been developed because we cannot develop key forwards and teach them how to play and teach the side how to bring the ball in etc, this has had a bigger impact on Jones than what we think.

If we want to keep Jones then we have a lot of work to do to convince him to stay. Need to tread carefully because Grant, Talia, Fletch and Wood are similar to Jones.
    This is disastrous if true.

Was Grant our old forward coach? Who will it be now - Gia?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    This is disastrous if true.

Was Grant our old forward coach? Who will it be now - Gia?
    Shannon Grant - Forward coach (now ex)

Steven King - Midfield coach

Rohan Smith - Backline coach

Brett Montgomery - Strategy coach

Post Thanks / Like

You maybe correct yes his endurance is low so then play him to his strengths if you must. Low endurance and you put him into the ruck? Jones has great hands and a decent pack mark so use that if you are convinced you are not going to get his endurance up.

If his endurance is the problem why has he been on the list for 6 years then? After 4 years you would think the club would know we need this type of forward and Jones endurance will never get there so let us cut him now.
    So play him as a full forward out of the goal square like the 1970's? I suppose it would eliminate any need for us to have a forward coach.

We obviously think he has the capacity to improve his endurance with hard work. We're now making him work harder and not gifting him senior games and he thinks the world is too tough and he wants out. That doesn't reflect poorly on anyone but him.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest he does seem a little immature from the videos off the WB website over the years.

If we can get something worthwhile for him then send him on his way.

As much as we want him to be the next big thing and although he has teased us, the reality is he's not and if he's not prepared
    to work harder to be the best then we can't force him.

It may be that he could go to a top club like Hawthorn and then he'll realize that he can't get away with what he has with us.
    He would be the fresh meat that is expected to train and perform at their standard.

If he wants to go, let's get a good trade for him and send him to another struggling club so he can fail there as well.
    Maybe the saints might be interested.

DISHLICKERS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    To be honest he does seem a little immature from the videos off the WB website over the years.

As much as we want him to be the next big thing and although he has teased us, the reality is he's not and if he's not prepared

It may be that he could go to a top club like Hawthorn and then he'll realize that he can't get away with what he has with us.
    He would be the fresh meat that is expected to train and perform at their standard.

If he wants to go, let's get a good trade for him and send him to another struggling club so he can fail there as well.
    That sounds like a good plan Lets get a good trade for him but let's make sure we send him to the club we want him to go to so he is guaranteed to fail.

And yes Hawthorn is a good example on how you structure a forward line and everyone work in sync. Have a look at how smart they use Gunston, Hale, Bruest and Puopolo etc next to Ruffy.

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know for fact he is not prepared to work hard. He may be working his guts out but has not got to the level required.

Really. Do you like seeing others fail? Good luck to the kid if we wants to try somewhere else and makes a success of it. Different clubs offer individuals different conditions where a change of environment might see them prosper.

Hoping he fails is childish and really uncalled for.

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a good plan Lets get a good trade for him but let's make sure we send him to the club we want him to go to so he is guaranteed to fail.
    Again I find hoping some fails is really disappointing and disrespectful and certainly not what one would expect from members of our club.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think DISHLICKERS was being sarcastic.

Post Thanks / Like

And let us note as a precedent when he goes the response of the Adelaide Crows when Tippet left:

"We've got rid of a bloke who doesn't want to be at the footy club; that's already a win." Crows list manager David Noble said.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Can't pin it on the forward coach that Jones still hasn't got any tank still.
    Been in the system long enough, and to be a forward now you need to have a tank .
    Same with Grant, as he still only commits on his own terms. ( that's a mental aptitude)
    Forward pressure is now the key, and to be honest I think these two don't get that.

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of who's to blame for Jones' lack of development, if he were to go to any other club and get anywhere close to his potential it would be the worst piece of business since Cal Ward and we won't get anywhere near the same level of remuneration. It would be a disaster of a trade period if we finish it one key forward lighter than we started. I'm still a believer in his talents, priority number one for me now is ensuring he re-signs.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Really. Do you like seeing others fail? Good luck to the kid if we wants to try somewhere else and makes a success of it. Different clubs offer individuals different conditions where a change of environment might see them prosper.

Hoping he fails is childish and really uncalled for.
    Settle down, I was merely trying to point out that very point that he could thrive if he was pushed at a new environment with high expectations amongst the players, and that I wouldn't want to see that happen as it would again rub salt in our wounds of not being able to find a Key forward.

I'm not wishing him unwell or anything, just expressing my disappointment that because he got dropped a few times he's put his tail between his legs and wants out

Post Thanks / Like

Settle down, I was merely trying to point out that very point that he could thrive if he was pushed at a new environment with high expectations amongst the players, and that I wouldn't want to see that happen as it would again rub salt in our wounds of not being able to find a Key forward.

I'm not wishing him unwell or anything, just expressing my disappointment that because he got dropped a few times he's put his tail between his legs and wants out
    Settle down!! I was just merely responding to your statement:

'let's make sure we send him to the club we want him to go to so he is guaranteed to fail.'

Apologies if I misinterpreted the statement but that is how it read (or at least how I read it).

I would be extremely disappointed as well that he hasn't hit his straps with us (as yet) and that if he does go somewhere else and he does succeed it would really piss me off. Let's hope if he does succeed it is not against us