Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

GWS working with Carlton on Jaksch and Willey, so once that deal is done (apparently very soon), I expect they will talk to us about Griff/Boyd - just a guess
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade radio saying and announcement with Carlton and GWS is imminent. Apparently Silvagni is in discussions with Carlton.
    There is speculation that it may not be for pick 19 it might be for pick 28.

If that deal goes down I think things will become clearer with potential Jones and Griffen trades especially with the Beams deal about to land.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Trade radio saying and announcement with Carlton and GWS is imminent. Apparently Silvagni is in discussions with Carlton.

If that deal goes down I think things will become clearer with potential Jones and Griffen trades especially with the Beams deal about to land.
    A whole of deals will start to happen this afternoon.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really important at this stage that we get interest from other clubs, preferably Melbourne, on Griffen. That would put all the pressure on GWS to offer us something that we can't refuse - either Boyd or picks 4 and 7. Picks 4 and 19 would see us breakeven in these discussions, but we want to have a win here.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope that Silvagni hops in his car and drives to WO and does the big deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Donuts View Post
    I hope so. There are about 5000 non-member Bulldogs supporters with their fingers on the 2015 Membership buttons if this goes ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

But pick 28 is Carltons pick. Not GWS'......im not sure i follow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    But pick 28 is Carltons pick. Not GWS'......im not sure i follow
    I think Carlton want to give GWS pick 28, GWS want an upgrade from 19 to 7. But I am quite confused myself.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Donuts View Post
    It's all happening at Etihad I believe

Post Thanks / Like

With trading Stanley I'd say McCartin to the Saints has now been confirmed.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all happening at Etihad I believe
    Correct. All the main players are at Etihad.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

or they see themselves getting picks 4 and 7 after GWS trade Boyd to us and will take Wright.

Post Thanks / Like

So we either need to determine,quickly whether we can change GWS' mind on Boyd, or else switch tactics and get pick 4 and a player from them or pick 4 and and pick 7 (if they get it from Carlton) for Griffen.
    Or else try and work a trade with Melbourne for Griffen (if he's amenable to it).
    We need to land either Boyd, or one of McCartin and Wright. That much I think is certain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So we either need to determine,quickly whether we can change GWS' mind on Boyd, or else switch tactics and get pick 4 and a player from them or pick 4 and and pick 7 (if they get it from Carlton) for Griffen.
    Or else try and work a trade with Melbourne for Griffen (if he's amenable to it).
    We need to land either Boyd, or one of McCartin and Wright. That much I think is certain.
    Melbourne would have to seriously consider Wright now. They have bolstered their midfield in the last couple of years, will be able to get Petracca at pick 2 and then load up on the next best tall at pick 3. Hogan has had serious injury concerns, Clark is gone, Frawley is gone, Gawn has injury issues, Jamar not getting any younger. Melbourne aren't as well stocked for talls as we all think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne would have to seriously consider Wright now. They have bolstered their midfield in the last couple of years, will be able to get Petracca at pick 2 and then load up on the next best tall at pick 3. Hogan has had serious injury concerns, Clark is gone, Frawley is gone, Gawn has injury issues, Jamar not getting any younger. Melbourne aren't as well stocked for talls as we all think.
    Yep I'm inclined to agree. At this rate pick even pick 4 may not net us either of McCartin or Wright.