Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149
Results 2,221 to 2,228 of 2228

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Had the club stuck with McCartney and then traded out Griffen, Cooney, Jones and Tutt for picks plus Boyd, as well as stashing Z Cordy away in order to get him F/S at pick 64 or whatever is was, I'd say our administration had pretty much scored a 9 out of 10 this post-season!

However, as things have turned out, I think we bottled it, but it all might be a bit of a blessing in disguise. Particularly if we land a coach who can continue on the development path, grow in the role himself, but put a bit more tactical nous into our kids. Particularly defensively as young defenders come in and Morris and Murphy come out...

... For this reason, I tend to think Leigh Tudor is the right man for us. I've pondered it for a while and I just think he is the guy. Didn't rate him at all as a player, but then again, Malthouse, Jeans, Clarkson and Hafey were average footballers, too.. For some reason, Buckley and Hird types seem to get coaching jobs whereas guys who were average players but great tacticians and communicators don't! For mine, I think there's some value in going with a low profile former player who's clearly an exceptional coaching talent.

Tudor's from outside the club (which I think is important with recent events in mind), carries no baggage, has coached under Bomber Thompson, Ross Lyon and John Longmire, has had success, is a good communicator and, let's face it, has walked the walk with two premierships and six grand finals. Norf have also shown a lot more defensive backbone since his arrival. I just hope he's up for it and has applied! If so, I really feel that he's our man. I hope we get it done.

2. Likes Drunken Bum, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit on the fence but the more I hear about Tudor the more I like.
    If we go an untried coach Maple should also get a look.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The only issue with the club not getting in first it would have been a bidding war .
    Let's face it Carlton would have been in with all guns blazing , and not alone .
    We got in early, and yes we overpaid but high reward is a strong possibility

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nah 192 on the website so a mm under 6'4
    Be interested to see the update for 2015, he's 194cm on Footywire
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    He's probably grown a cm or two since drafted as well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Footywire has been known to be wrong as has the club website.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Drunken Bum, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes KT31 liked this post