Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    So you don't think we need to get a KPF at the end of the year?
    I agree we need another monster sized KPF for FF. Jones CHF
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Crameri & Grant should be coming up the ground. Jones is a good pack mark but we're lacking a gorilla who can win a 1 on 1 marking contest and give repeat leads. A Taylor Walker type
    I like Crameri and Grant up the field, they are athletic and cover good ground and they are usually pretty creative when they get it. But really they need it delivered well to make an impact, they aren't the sort to push up the ground and take big marks. If we could add a CHF with good skills, a big tank and really good hands who could just consistently present up to the wing, and take some big marks it would help the team so much.

I really do think Jones can play as a FF, like mentioned before he is a big unit. If his tank can keep improving and we snagged a Patton type to let Jones play CHF, i'd also be pretty happy with that. We need to get one of those types as soon as we can though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    I like Crameri and Grant up the field, they are athletic and cover good ground and they are usually pretty creative when they get it. But really they need it delivered well to make an impact, they aren't the sort to push up the ground and take big marks. If we could add a CHF with good skills, a big tank and really good hands who could just consistently present up to the wing, and take some big marks it would help the team so much.

I really do think Jones can play as a FF, like mentioned before he is a big unit. If his tank can keep improving and we snagged a Patton type to let Jones play CHF, i'd also be pretty happy with that. We need to get one of those types as soon as we can though.
    Wasn't Cloke so impressive last week, just that sort of player we need.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wasn't Cloke so impressive last week, just that sort of player we need.
    I think the Swans have shown it doesn't matter how many good quality KPF's you decide to cram into a 22 it's normally OK if you get them on the park.

This is why I think GWS was never going to err in selecting Boyd last year, unless something completely ridiculous was offered up to get him to another club. By ridiculous I mean a low first round pick (like our pick 4) and a player of Griffen's or Liberatore's ilk and a mature player like a Picken or Wood etc.

Some clubs end up with a guy like Cloke who can take hold of a game, and in a lot of ways it's just dumb luck that they do. As good as Collingwood has been these past years, you have to remember they were fortunate to have Cloke arrive as a FS. It wasn't good recruiting that got him there.

This is why I get really pissed off about commentary lamenting our inability to have landed a very good KPF over the past 6 or so years. We literally haven't had the chance to nail them like other clubs have with early draft picks, and we haven't had the benefit of FS selections to get them across the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Matty Robbins went alright.
    Well there I forgot all about Matty Robins having been at Geelong. He trumps Peter Street, but he was traded in 97 so I am exonerated because it is outside the 15 years.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    ISome clubs end up with a guy like Cloke who can take hold of a game, and in a lot of ways it's just dumb luck that they do. As good as Collingwood has been these past years, you have to remember they were fortunate to have Cloke arrive as a FS. It wasn't good recruiting that got him there.

This is why I get really pissed off about commentary lamenting our inability to have landed a very good KPF over the past 6 or so years. We literally haven't had the chance to nail them like other clubs have with early draft picks, and we haven't had the benefit of FS selections to get them across the line.
    They had to pry him away from Richmond who he also qualified for.

And you're dead right on the second point. No Hawkins, no Cloke, no Richo even, no, Jono Brown.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    They had to pry him away from Richmond who he also qualified for.

And you're dead right on the second point. No Hawkins, no Cloke, no Richo even, no, Jono Brown.
    Jayden Foster I hope proves this comment wrong!! I hope like hell anyway!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    we haven't had the benefit of FS selections to get them across the line.
    We thought we had a ready made one in Cordy. Let's hope he works out.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We thought we had a ready made one in Cordy. Let's hope he works out.
    Maybe not so ready made, Ayce was a borderline goal post when he got to the club :P but yeah I thought we had a good one there. Some nice signs this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jayden Foster I hope proves this comment wrong!! I hope like hell anyway!!
    Fosters looking alright isn't he, haven't seen him play too much but from what I've read he just sounds perfect for what were looking for. Really excited to watch him play next year if we do pick him up, which I think we will.

Post Thanks / Like

Cmon guys, spill the beans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    Cmon guys, spill the beans
    We can't, mate, they're Mission Beans and we can't go upsetting the sponsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a rumour file? Anyone listen to the ABC radio pre-game for the Dees game?

Seems Boyd isn't real happy with his opportunities at the Giants and wants out.

Mumford, Patton and Boyd don't really fit into one side.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Is this a rumour file? Anyone listen to the ABC radio pre-game for the Dees game?

Seems Boyd isn't real happy with his opportunities at the Giants and wants out.

Mumford, Patton and Boyd don't really fit into one side.
    Gees, first season as a monster forward and he expects game time? They've given him a taste twice, not sure anyone else would have done much more
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Gees, first season as a monster forward and he expects game time? They've given him a taste twice, not sure anyone else would have done much more

He is interstate from his family and friends though. Maybe the lack of opportunity wouldn't be as bad if he was in Victoria?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well there I forgot all about Matty Robins having been at Geelong. He trumps Peter Street, but he was traded in 97 so I am exonerated because it is outside the 15 years.
    I see where the confusion lies. I was counting from when Big Sexy retired.