Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Is this a rumour file? Anyone listen to the ABC radio pre-game for the Dees game?

Seems Boyd isn't real happy with his opportunities at the Giants and wants out.

Mumford, Patton and Boyd don't really fit into one side.
    Let's reunite him with his old Eastern Rangers mate Mitch Honeychurch.

Package Jones, Grant and our first 2 picks for Boyd and Jaaksch (? spelling)
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Add McCarthy and Cameron and you have a problem.
    Patton would be just perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

We should absolutely be going hard at Boyd, if not this year, next year when he's coming out of contract. He just makes perfect sense. Patton is already pretty much a lock at GWS as the FF imo, Cameron is a gun and with those two there I just cannot see how Boyd fits. and then theres also Giles/McCarthy/Jaksch/Tomlinson/insert other 50 good talls GWS have on their list etc.

Boyd is a gun, he's grown up always being the best (and from what I've heard he's a pretty arrogant guy, thats a good thing though IMO and of course he's had the form to back it up) do you really think he'd be happy playing third fiddle behind Patton and Cameron, and he'd have to spend large chunks of time in the ruck playing that role too. I just don't think it suits him, he is your gun FF.

We can offer him the number one spot at FF, in an up and coming team he can build with (and lets face it, there is a LOT of people who rate our list very highly going forward), in his home state and on a larger contract than GWS could afford to pay him (considering how much they are going to have to pay the rest of their list). We'd just have to convince GWS to do it and while he won't come cheap, it would be worth it and most importantly I think GWS would be interested at the right price.

I get the feeling they wouldn't want to trade this year when his value is lowish (compared to his potential anyway, would still cost a lot) but if he absolutely wants out and they just expect him to be toiling away in the 2s next year they would be better off going now before his trade value drops and he comes out of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

The other forwards will go before he does ,why would they trade the best one ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The other forwards will go before he does ,why would they trade the best one ?
    Because he's not the best one, Cameron is and most likely always will be and Patton has the runs on the board with probably the same amount of potential. They've already been trying to develop Boyd in the ruck in the twos and I think the only chance of him fitting into that GWS side is as a 3rd fiddle to Patton/Cameron and being the 2nd ruck as well. Which I don't think he suits or that he would even like that.

Sure theyd rather keep him than rest of the talls (McCarthy/Tomlinson etc) but not if he wants out or costs too much. Guys like Tomlinson fit better in alongside the other two as well.

It just makes sense for both clubs, GWS will get high picks which was obviously their plan in drafting so many forwards and they will still have Patton/Cameron and we get the KPF we want.

Post Thanks / Like

From your first post it came accross as he is the best one. Patton has had injuries and im not 100% sure on his body, I would trade him before Boyd if I was going to trade any of the big three.
    That's a personal opinion though
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doggies ftw View Post
    Because he's not the best one, Cameron is and most likely always will be and Patton has the runs on the board with probably the same amount of potential. They've already been trying to develop Boyd in the ruck in the twos and I think the only chance of him fitting into that GWS side is as a 3rd fiddle to Patton/Cameron and being the 2nd ruck as well. Which I don't think he suits or that he would even like that.
    A lot of teams play 3 talls, two genuine KPPs and a forward/ruck.

I'd expect Patton & Cameron to play as the two main talls, with the last spot being filled by Boyd or Giles
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd is going to become the 2014 version of Patton. Has he been spotted at the club yet? I just dont see it happening

Post Thanks / Like

Would go super hard at Boyd, throw money and opportunity at the kid while offering GWS pick 5 and JJ...would get them thinking at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with McCarthy - Nick Riewoldt mold what a great mark this kid is. I am almost certain that they selected him as collateral if one of the others goes down and / or he was best available and will be used as trade bait to secure a player they need from the likes of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Would go super hard at Boyd, throw money and opportunity at the kid while offering GWS pick 5 and JJ...would get them thinking at least.
    It's so rare for players to leave a team one year after being drafted though. I just can't really see it coming off. I'd certainly have a crack but I don't think it's super realistic. Also not sure how appetising early draft picks are for GWS at this point.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    It's so rare for players to leave a team one year after being drafted though. I just can't really see it coming off. I'd certainly have a crack but I don't think it's super realistic. Also not sure how appetising early draft picks are for GWS at this point.
    yes its strange that they would trade last year's high draft pick for another high draft pick? what are they trying to achieve here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Why would they want I guy who can't even get a go in our team?

Pick 5 and a Libba/Dahl/Bonti is more realistic

I'd rather keep our picks and kids and keep drafting.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Working off the assumption that he requests out. If he doesn't want to stay I cant imagine GWS wouldn't consider a deal in the risk he walks into the draft when his contract lapses.

Post Thanks / Like

John Butcher to Dogs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023