Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  341
Page 7 of 149 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rumour Mill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rumour Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    You're never a truly washed up key forward until you have Bulldog supporters demanding their club picks you up.
    He's not even a key forward in the truest sense.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    He's not even a key forward in the truest sense.
    He's not really even a good player in any sense.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Really? On what basis?
    On what basis why, or why not? I say he's too old.

Post Thanks / Like

His age doesn't favour him
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Surely Waite would not pass BMac's 'solid citizen' test. Waite is an A grade d$#%head.
    I think he is right up there in the top echelon of dickheads in the entire comp, with illustrious company like Taylor Adams and Toby Greene. And aside from 1.5 games a season he isn't even good.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

In today's advertiser they link John Butcher to the Dogs. Butcher is having a terrible year in the SANFL, and isnt a scratch on Jones in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    In today's advertiser they link John Butcher to the Dogs. Butcher is having a terrible year in the SANFL, and isnt a scratch on Jones in my opinion
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...bed8530f945a74

If he came for basically nothing, and, per the article, spent an extended time having his kicking broken down and rebuilt he 'could'
    be worth it, but to be honest, surely this would have occured by now at Port?

Post Thanks / Like

He's worth the gamble if he's going to cost nothing but a late pick or rookie spot.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    On what basis why, or why not? I say he's too old.
    Why would we?

I think you're right on the age component. I also think he's been a bit of a waste of talent due to his inability to refrain from being suspended either having just come back from injury or just when running into some form.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sick of picking up other clubs rejects in the hope that they make a miraculous turn around.

Do not want Butcher.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...bed8530f945a74

If he came for basically nothing, and, per the article, spent an extended time having his kicking broken down and rebuilt he 'could'
    be worth it, but to be honest, surely this would have occured by now at Port?
    Wasn't one of the criticisms of him (along with his horrendous kicking) that he won't listen to his coaches and can't be told anything. I wouldn't want a player with a massive flaw that also isn't prepared to try to fix it.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Pure speculation my friend. In about 6 weeks every editor will get their journo's to write an article a day about an opposition tall forward being linked to the dogs because we don't have a KPF... Happens like clock work every year, for once I wanted to get in first and Butcher was the first name I thought of. Could have easily been Vickery, but wasn't. Not a real rumour, but a rumour, started by me with no basis whatsoever.
    I can't believe this rumour I started 3 weeks ago has taken off like wildfire. Another scarily accurate insight. For my next completely made up rumour for the media to take up... John Patton is believed to told he wants out of GWS at years end and has nominated the dogs which should be done early with our pick 5, a player and smooth FA negotiations for Higgins to GWS said to be on the table from our end.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't one of the criticisms of him (along with his horrendous kicking) that he won't listen to his coaches and can't be told anything. I wouldn't want a player with a massive flaw that also isn't prepared to try to fix it.
    Could be, and most likely is. Per your last line, no improvement in 4 or 5 years since being drafted would suggest he's lacking application. Try not to judge a book by it's cover, but he has a very laconic strut about him, and last year/this year looked like he should have been living in a cave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I can't believe this rumour I started 3 weeks ago has taken off like wildfire. Another scarily accurate insight. For my next completely made up rumour for the media to take up... John Patton is believed to told he wants out of GWS at years end and has nominated the dogs which should be done early with our pick 5, a player and smooth FA negotiations for Higgins to GWS said to be on the table from our end.
    I've heard a similar rumour coming out of GWS D'Marquis, I can't remember where I heard it (might be your post directly above), but it sounds like there must be some substance to it. If someone who's as well connected to some of the GWS player's families as you are saying it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

So now that Patton will be a Dog next year does he play alongside Campbell up forward and we start looking to trial Jones at CHB?

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a similar rumour coming out of GWS D'Marquis, I can't remember where I heard it (might be your post directly above), but it sounds like there must be some substance to it. If someone who's as well connected to some of the GWS player's families as you are saying it's a done deal then that's good enough for me.

So now that Patton will be a Dog next year does he play alongside Campbell up forward and we start looking to trial Jones at CHB?
    I've heard from a good source that we're going to start trialling Jones at CHB and that Matthew Scarlett thinks he's got the potential to be an All Australian defender.