Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs amongst clubs chasing Jaksch

Link here

Carlton and the Western Bulldogs are among the clubs pursuing out-of-contract young Greater Western Sydney key defender Kristian Jaksch, trying to persuade the Victorian to return home.
    Several Victorian clubs have shown strong interest in Jaksch, with Hawthorn also rating the young key back highly as a potential replacement for the veteran premiership player Brian Lake.

The Giants are confident of retaining Jaksch, who has been one of the young players who has faced the frustration of a lack of opportunities to play at senior level this year, encouraging rival clubs to believe he was a likely candidate to return home.
    But Jaksch has played three of the past four games in the AFL and on Sunday performed well on highly rated Carlton swingman Lachie Henderson.

Jaksch is understood to be settled in Sydney and comfortable about remaining there if he continues to get opportunities to play senior football and the terms are right to stay. He is expected to talk with the club in the next month to six weeks about his future and a new contract.
    Jaksch is among several Giants coming of contract who are seen as gettable by Victorian clubs. Pacy midfielder Dylan Shiel heads that list of players whom Victorian clubs are pursuing.

Shiel, who is contracted until the end of 2015, is regarded as the most accomplished of the players yet to re-sign with the Giants and clubs are hopeful of persuading him to return home in a similar trade to the one that enabled Dom Tyson return to Melbourne to play with the Demons this year.
    Shiel’s girlfriend is the daughter of Richmond assistant coach – and former Giants coach – Mark Williams, and so his name is invariably linked with a move to Punt Road.

The market for difficult to find key defenders is intense, which explains the level of interest in Jaksch who is from Melbourne and went to school at Carey Grammar.
    Several clubs eagerly await the next move by out-of-contract Demons defender James Frawley. A former All-Australian, Frawley has put off talks with Melbourne until the end of the year, heightening speculation he may choose to leave the club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs amongst clubs chasing Jaksch

Was Jaksch not a schoolmate of both Macrae and Hrovat??

Hopefully the lure of reuniting with some mates who he's had since childhood, along with some clear opportunities at either end if the ground could be a clincher.... Provided he'd be available at the right price.

For me, that's a 2nd round pick... However that may be needed for Zaine Cordy... Interesting one..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Was Jaksch not a schoolmate of both Macrae and Hrovat??.
    Correct.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a direct request of seriousness, imagine you have a pitch today, right this hour, to pitch to Jacksch picking the Bulldogs over Hawthorn or Carlton. Make the pitch...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give you Hawthorn ( mind you Cotchin Frawley and jacksh are going to be all hard to get )
    But Carlton? They're in for some pain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is a direct request of seriousness, imagine you have a pitch today, right this hour, to pitch to Jacksch picking the Bulldogs over Hawthorn or Carlton. Make the pitch...

Actually I'm pretty sure there's a law against ringing people you don't know at this hour.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what would need to be done for us to land Jaksch?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Was Jaksch not a schoolmate of both Macrae and Hrovat??

Hopefully the lure of reuniting with some mates who he's had since childhood, along with some clear opportunities at either end if the ground could be a clincher.... Provided he'd be available at the right price.

For me, that's a 2nd round pick... However that may be needed for Zaine Cordy... Interesting one..
    As an out of contract player at worst that is pre-season draft.

Can he go where he likes as a free agent?
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Well the pitch is

The Bulldogs have been building a terrific midfield that will carry them through the next 10 years. These players are here now and you will play your career with some real chance of success with players that are around your age.

You are just the player needed to make the Bulldogs a contender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well the pitch is

The Bulldogs have been building a terrific midfield that will carry them through the next 10 years. These players are here now and you will play your career with some real chance of success with players that are around your age.

You are just the player needed to make the Bulldogs a contender.
    That's exactly my thinking too, it's a good pitch. But Carlton make the same pitch but with the Malthouse, Daisy, Judd in the big club syndicate that gets crowds and members, and with Hawthorn they can pitch the same as us and Carlton but with immediate success. So I'm not sure how ours stands out from others??
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The reality is whoever offers him the biggest contract will get him.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly my thinking too, it's a good pitch. But Carlton make the same pitch but with the Malthouse, Daisy, Judd in the big club syndicate that gets crowds and members, and with Hawthorn they can pitch the same as us and Carlton but with immediate success. So I'm not sure how ours stands out from others??
    Nope. Carlton lack midfield depth with Judd, Carazzo, Simpson and McClean gone in the next two perhaps three years. They simply do not have anyone under Murphy capable of taking the team to a Premiership. They will also have massive problems with KPP at both ends even if they land Jacksch. That would be my pitch to him if he was choosing between the two.

We have a midfield that can take us to a Grand Final and as BJ said above he is the type of player who will give us every chance of getting there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nope. Carlton lack midfield depth with Judd, Carazzo, Simpson and McClean gone in the next two perhaps three years. They simply do not have anyone under Murphy capable of taking the team to a Premiership. They will also have massive problems with KPP at both ends even if they land Jacksch. That would be my pitch to him if he was choosing between the two.

We have a midfield that can take us to a Grand Final and as BJ said above he is the type of player who will give us every chance of getting there.
    And I also think the ability to reunite with Macrae and Rat plus others might be a fair carrot, depending on what their relationship is like.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Carlton have a few that are past their prime and I am confident we are better placed than them if we add quality talls. Hawthorn have done well with their top up strategy but they have plenty over 28 who need to be replaced. At the Bulldogs you already know who the mainstays will be for most of your career. What could be better than being part of an emerging dynasty where success is well overdue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well Carlton have a few that are past their prime and I am confident we are better placed than them if we add quality talls. Hawthorn have done well with their top up strategy but they have plenty over 28 who need to be replaced. At the Bulldogs you already know who the mainstays will be for most of your career. What could be better than being part of an emerging dynasty where success is well overdue.
    And really why wouldn't you want to play in a Bulldogs Premiership and go down as a Bulldog God for the rest of your life