Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs amongst clubs chasing Jaksch

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    And I also think the ability to reunite with Macrae and Rat plus others might be a fair carrot, depending on what their relationship is like.
    The fact that they went to the same school is no guarantee that they're great mates. Could even be the opposite for all we know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    The fact that they went to the same school is no guarantee that they're great mates. Could even be the opposite for all we know.
    Your exactly right, however Kristians twitter account picture is one of him, Jackson, Rat, Viney and some other AFL guy I don't know.

So it seems unlikely they arent mates to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's a particularly difficult sell, the question is whether the player believes it or not.

Hawthorn- An aging team many suggest are in their last year of a premiership window. Two years after you get there they'll be in full rebuilding mode with most of the current senior core gone. They'll be similar to where GWS is now, being beaten by large margins, with little support for their defenders. You're only support in defence will be Ryan Shoenmakers and even his own club has little faith in him. If they rebuild poorly they could be at the bottom for the rest of your career.

Carlton- Are about to start a rebuild of their rebuild which didn't even get off the ground. They're going to be down for another 5-6 years minimum, have instability at board level, and have a history of chasing a messiah to save the club at the expense of their current personnel. They're a strong chance to be at the bottom for the rest of your career.

Bulldogs- 3 years into a rebuild and already showing signs of having the most powerful young midfield in the AFL with just key position depth required to take them back to the top. Already have an established monster key defender who is about your age who you can play alongside for another 8-10 years, and who's strengths compliment yours. The senior coach is recgonised as one of the best development coaches in the AFL, and they have Matthew Scarlett as a defensive mentor. All signs point to them playing finals for the next 5-7 years.

Sign here...
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Jaksch play, can anyone give me a summation of his ability - and how he has performed this year at AFL level given he's got a few more games than he has previously?
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    As an out of contract player at worst that is pre-season draft.

Can he go where he likes as a free agent?
    He is a restricted FA so it's not as easy to move like it is for the unrestricted FA
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wimberga View Post
    Your exactly right, however Kristians twitter account picture is one of him, Jackson, Rat, Viney and some other AFL guy I don't know.

So it seems unlikely they arent mates to me.
    Jason Ashby from Essendon, 2012 pick 34
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well Carlton have a few that are past their prime and I am confident we are better placed than them if we add quality talls. Hawthorn have done well with their top up strategy but they have plenty over 28 who need to be replaced. At the Bulldogs you already know who the mainstays will be for most of your career. What could be better than being part of an emerging dynasty where success is well overdue.
    They currently have 8 players over 28 of which only 4 have played regular football this season (all due to injury). It's actually been a grea year for developing players for the Hawks and they have managed to stay in the top 3 while doing it.