Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2014 AFL - Round 16 Discussion

Round 16 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Fri 4 Jul North Melbourne v Hawthorn Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 5 Jul Richmond v Brisbane Lions MCG 1:45pm 1:45pm Seven

Sat 5 Jul GWS Giants v Adelaide Crows GIANTS Stadium 2:10pm 2:10pm Foxtel

Sat 5 Jul Gold Coast Suns v Collingwood Metricon Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 5 Jul Port Adelaide v Essendon Adelaide Oval 7:40pm 7:10pm Seven

Sat 5 Jul Melbourne v Fremantle Dockers TIO Traeger Park 7:10pm 7:10pm Foxtel

Sun 6 Jul Carlton v St Kilda Etihad Stadium 1:10pm 1:10pm Foxtel

Sun 6 Jul West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans Patersons Stadium 1:20pm 1:20pm Seven

Sun 6 Jul Geelong Cats v Western Bulldogs Simonds Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2014 AFL - Round 16 Discussion

Lake has lost the plot.

Petrie is owning Lake big time.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Lake has lost his brain. Choking holding Petrie by the back neck and throat on the ground.... This grapple technique Lake just used was actually banned by Victoria Police as too aggressive and dangerous. I think he should be in trouble for that.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Lake may actually get suspended for what looked like a choke hold on Petrie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lake has lost his brain. Choking holding Petrie by the back neck and throat on the ground.... This grapple technique Lake just used was actually banned by Victoria Police as too aggressive and dangerous. I think he should be in trouble for that.
    Yep.

Petrie has the wood on lake regardless the jumper he wears.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian being Bwian again, don't miss Bwian at all. What a douche.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was a real turn in the game's complexion. I happened to go with a mate, it was nice to sit there and not have any emotional investment meaning the questionable aspects of the umpiring didn't phase me.

It was noticeable when Brian lost his mind that North were up for the fight and the Hawks weren't after a few weeks up and having lost a few key players.

I got the impression Hawthorn likened the game to dancing with their sister. Didn't seem into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Was the only one in my pool who picked North. They have some very hit-or-miss players and are always a good wildcard bet.
    It must be quite frustrating for North fans. Some of the players who go missing a lot are hardly in the junior category.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 05-07-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Roos is so good, I mean how super awesome are Melbourne. I mean, their improvement is so bloody amazing all because of Paul Roos amazingness. One goal in a half, and a whole 4 goals in a game, I mean, this really amazing Roos transformation needs another countries sports journalist industry to give him more aduration. Can we get the world game journos to come from Brazil to Melbourne to laud his god like transformation of a bunch of misfits to a team of 4 goal scoring heros. Surely Spielberg or Disney must want this story. Spectacular. Brilliant. Roos. FFS.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Stop it. He's great. Just eat it up, chew it and enjoy it. You still have to go to school no matter how much you pretend to be sick, OK?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Paul Roos is so good, I mean how super awesome are Melbourne. I mean, their improvement is so bloody amazing all because of Paul Roos amazingness. One goal in a half, and a whole 4 goals in a game, I mean, this really amazing Roos transformation needs another countries sports journalist industry to give him more aduration. Can we get the world game journos to come from Brazil to Melbourne to laud his god like transformation of a bunch of misfits to a team of 4 goal scoring heros. Surely Spielberg or Disney must want this story. Spectacular. Brilliant. Roos. FFS.
    Sarcasm D'Marquis?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at it, you naughty pessimists they kicked ten points, so by rights they should have been much closer in that game and should only have been done by seven goals.

Their structure was probably much better because of coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

They beat us when they were a rabble now they don't beat us, of course they have improved.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If you look at it, you naughty pessimists they kicked ten points, so by rights they should have been much closer in that game and should only have been done by seven goals.

Their structure was probably much better because of coaching.
    Its all the umpires fault
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Just seen the results here in the south of France( nice place pitty about the inhabitants )
    What's gone wrong with Port?